ac problems

07GtS197

Reaction score
The other day I picked up an 02 gt after being out of the sn95 world for a few years. The guy said that the ac doesnt work and his mechanic said its because the wot cutoff relay is fried. I checked all the fuses and checked the freon level before I tore into the fender to get this relay out. What do you guys think? Is there anything else I can check out before taking my car half apart?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Be sure the wiring isnt frayed at the pump. Switch at the dash is good.

May have to break out the good ol multi-meter and chase down voltage.

Have you tried jumping the pressure switch plug?

talltim

Reaction score
Be sure the wiring isnt frayed at the pump. Switch at the dash is good.

May have to break out the good ol multi-meter and chase down voltage.

Have you tried jumping the pressure switch plug?

Would you have a picture of where that is?

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ill try those in a bit thanks and no, I was going to before work yesterday but I couldnt get the damn connector off in time. Ill try again today when I wake up fully.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I tried jumping the low pressure switch to no avail and I checked the wiring which looked good

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Well I thought it was the ccrm since that can cause the same problems but I replaced the relay and still nothing. Im at a loss now, what else can I check?

sn95jones

Reaction score
What does it do when you turn on the a/c?
I'm having problems with mine currently where the clutch slips when it engages, trying to figure out why its doing so.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I forgot to update this so here it is. To answer your question it wouldnt do anything, Id turn the ac on and the compressor wouldnt do a thing. I read that it could be the ccrm and I saw a video where a guy replaced the relay for 5 bucks instead of having to either buy a remanufactured one for like 100 bucks for a new one from ford for like 336. So I went to radioshack to get the relay, replaced it and reinstalled the ccrm. When I went to turn the ac on it still didnt turn on. I had already checked the low pressure switch and determined it was fine so I went ahead and disconnected the high pressure switch and tried to jump it but it did nothing. Then I reconnected it and just like that the compressor turned on. I have no clue what the problem was but its fixed now so I dont care anymore lol.

Now sn95jones, lets get you squared away. You said your ac clutch slips, can you turn it easily by hand?

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Check that to make sure its not low. Low freon can cause the compressor to cycle on and off. If you need any help feel free to pm me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online