advice please

BLUMUSTANG98

Reaction score
:help2: I have a 98 mustang v6. I had 15 inch wheels/tires. I bought a new set of 17 inch bullit wheels/tires from a friend with a 05 mustang. I was told from a tire place that they would fit but my question is this.....someone told me that I would have to upgrade my brakes?!? what does that mean. He said that the 17 inche wheels need bigger rotors....is this true and if so, any recommendations?

i would appreciate your advice, as I am a female, these things are foreign to me..... :dunno:

W

WODY281

No I wouldn't think you would need to upgrade your brakes if you didn't want to. Its a great upgrade no doubt, but you shouldn't have to do it to get them to fit. B/c I think that v6's and Gt's share the same brake calipers/pads and some of the Gt's came factory with 17's, so they should fit fine.

9psi 98

Reaction score
No need for the brake upgrade. I think that whoever you talked to about it had things backwards... If you were to get bigger brakes and rotors, they wouldn't fit in your smaller 15" wheels. Then you'd need to buy a larger diameter wheel like you already have done to give the larger brakes enough clearance. :thumb:

dapack69

Reaction score
I hate to tell you this, but those rims will not fit your car properly, they have the incorrect back spacing.

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
dapack69 said:
I hate to tell you this, but those rims will not fit your car properly, they have the incorrect back spacing.
They will work with the right spacer. O0

OP
OP
B

BLUMUSTANG98

Reaction score
what kind of spacers do u recommend and where can i get them. thanks for your advice. :)

95Modified

Reaction score
I have some 05 rims with spinners on mine and they look awesome! I did have to sdd spacers but what a differance

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
If the overall tire diameter is significantly larger than stock tire size this will cause the car to stop in a longer distance. The reason for this is because the larger diameter provides a mechanical advantage against the brakes. The further the distance from the hub to the outside of the tire the more leverage and torque that is acted upon the brakes. This is why you would need larger brakes.

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online