After market knob

Katstang

Reaction score
Hi, my 98 gt vert at some point, someone put a knob in the glove box, it has numbers 1- 7 I belive, don't know what it's for, guy I bought the car from said "it makes it go faster or something" but i have only found that if i move the dial at all it just kills the car and it has to be put back where it started or the car won't start. Anyone have a clue about this?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like you have a chip with multiple tunes on it, or the ability for it. They might make minor changes to the timing but its not going to get you an extra 100 hp on #1 rather than #2. If you don't know what they are I would leave it where it is. FYI - Your not supposed to turn it while the car is running

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
Oh! Well that's good to know, the guy I got it from seemed like he didn't really know much about it and I know even less. Thanks, but is it supposed to keep it from starting at all?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you have it on a setting that there is nothing stored on I would think it would cause problems. IIRC they have 5-6 settings and bama would sell you the chip with 3 tunes on it to hope it works. If the car is having issues, that chip could be the problem. BAMA has been one of the biggest suppliers for these over the years but their reputation has not been the best(they were just marketed better). I personally got one from them after a HCI swap and I was having issues and even though all the stuff I installed was on their drop down menus it ran worse. Good thing is that a good tuner can use the chip and put a correct tune on it and it will save you from buying the chip

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online