Aftermarket headers?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
aftermarket unequal lenght shorty headers. Before you ask what brand, if it was a name brand that they were proud of there would be a metal plate welded to it, or they would be laser engraved somehow to mark them. They look almost like a mac style though with the separate header flanges for each pipe, rather than on big one. IIRC that style is known to leak a little easier assuming that the one piece flange is nice and flat. You might try to give each bolt some pressure to make sure they are all tight.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
sounds good. thanks. i was actually checking the washer fluid and started wondering if those were aftermarket or not...lol.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Don't stock manifolds have a threaded bung on the front of the 1st primary tube on the driver's side for oxygen injection from the smog pump? If so, that might be an easy way to tell. And usually there's a factory square crimp on each of the primaries, which seems to be so in your pics.

95opal

Reaction score
Don't stock manifolds have a threaded bung on the front of the 1st primary tube on the driver's side for oxygen injection from the smog pump? If so, that might be an easy way to tell. And usually there's a factory square crimp on each of the primaries, which seems to be so in your pics.

Egr bung is on passenger side on 94 95. Smog pump dumps into the HPipe. You are correct about the crimp in the primaries. The motorsport headers have a solid flange but similar crimps in the primaries.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it has been so long since I saw stock headers I could have sworn they were different. Listen to these guys, not my first response.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online