almost no fm reception!?

bert96

Reaction score
Ok,i changed my pionner DEH-P3100 for a pionner DEH-P6800MP,i really like my new HU except for one thing i have a pretty bad FM reception.
i have an electronic antenna(dakota) i put a UPR delete antenna in the hole of the oem antenna,i like the clean look!

What can i do to solve my problem?

kyle94gt

Reaction score
A couple of options.. either find an inline signal amplifier and install it. check all of your connections would be the first thing I'd do. You can find an antenna that mounts to the top of your windshield from advance auto parts that works exceptionally well and it almost out of sight for that clean look. or return your head unit for another one, it may have a manufacturer's defect in it or something.. could be a lot of things. probably have something to do with the head unit if it was fine before you swapped them out. I got a brand new one for a friend in trade for my cowl hood and i put it in and had no reception, took it back and got another and installed it and viola it worked. Just some ideas! later.

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
kyle94gt said:
A couple of options.. either find an inline signal amplifier and install it. check all of your connections would be the first thing I'd do. You can find an antenna that mounts to the top of your windshield from advance auto parts that works exceptionally well and it almost out of sight for that clean look. or return your head unit for another one, it may have a manufacturer's defect in it or something.. could be a lot of things. probably have something to do with the head unit if it was fine before you swapped them out. I got a brand new one for a friend in trade for my cowl hood and i put it in and had no reception, took it back and got another and installed it and viola it worked. Just some ideas! later.

+1 I'd check the connections. On my headunit the antenna connection came loose while i was sliding it back into the dash and i got horrible reception until i reconnected it completely

kyle94gt

Reaction score
QwanSanchez said:
+1 I'd check the connections. On my headunit the antenna connection came loose while i was sliding it back into the dash and i got horrible reception until i reconnected it completely

Yeah 9 times out of 10 that's a good place to start

Marc@UPR

Reaction score
The anteanna delete is just that....a delete. This is made for NOT having a radio or not needing the am/fm part of your radio. You will get basically no reception. I will be more than happy to exchange your delete for a functional 12 or 14" shorty anteanna.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah i have a horrible fm reception too it sucks i only get like three stations and they all are atleast a little bit fuzzy. I have checked the connection to the back of the deck and it is good so i dont know maybe my antenna is messed up somehow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online