alright someone set my ass straight on this headunit

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i went to install my pioneer headunit a while ago but only half my speakers would work. i thought it was my headunit cause it was getting old so i got a new panasonic. i hooked this one up today but i still only have half my speakers. WTF!! i got my wiring harness from crutchfield. this is whats weird. only my left tweeter is working, both door speakers are working, and only one speaker in the rear is working. if i turn the balance alll the way to the right only my left speakers work. if i turn it all to the left none of my speakers work. its obvious that something is fucky. someone please help my out on this. so far i have all the speaker wires wired up to the harness that crutchfield sent. these wires are the purple, grey, white, and green speaker wires. then i have the other harness that has the power and shit. what do the blue wire, and the blue with white stripe do. i assumed they were amp trigger wires. they are both wired to my headunit harness. none of the orange wires are wired up. i have no idea what the hell is wrong with it. someone please help its driving me nuts

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
So you have the mach 460 i assume? u need to get the special adapters for it. I dont remember the numbers for the part you need but it has been covered on here before so i think a search would get ya the info you need. Either that or rewire all your speakers and bypass the amps

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i already searched on here and didnt really find the info i needed. anyone have something that worked??

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i got her licked. turned out i had the right harness, but the pins in the speaker harness weren't going in my car's harness correctly. I just cut away some of the plastic surrounding so that all that was left was the pins and it worked. only thing is there is some static when no music is playing....

S

scarface

phil_the_thrill said:
i got her licked. turned out i had the right harness, but the pins in the speaker harness weren't going in my car's harness correctly. I just cut away some of the plastic surrounding so that all that was left was the pins and it worked. only thing is there is some static when no music is playing....
check your grounds..you are getting engine feedback through the electrical system. You may require a noise filter.

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
ill have to do that. i just hooked up the ground wire from the head unit to the wiring harness but it might require a better ground than that i guess :dunno:

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i tryed grounding everything i could the best i could but it still has a hiss :(

S

scarface

you may need a noise filter then. Did you try grounding the head unit to the frame of the car by itself?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
you may need a noise filter then. Did you try grounding the head unit to the frame of the car by itself?

thats what I think he needs, I got lucky with mine. I dont have any at all unless its turned down to level 1 you can hear a slight hiss......but its next to nothing.

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
tryed that and it didnt help. what are these nosie filters that you speak of and where do you get them? I have a scosche filter that i got a while back for my amp in my truck but it just hooks up through RCAs. I'm guessing that ill need something different. the hiss is really annoying. it's not only when the car is running, it hisses when its just in accessory mode too.

S

scarface

the noise filter you can get at any stereo store. it hooks between the power wires and ground wires.

jst854

Reaction score
I was in the same boat that you were. Does your harness have a black box that you can adjust things on. If so, just cut that out. All it does is take the speaker outputs and turns them into rca inputs, but our amps in the mach systems like speaker level inputs. This will also make your system a lot louder. I just did this and love it. Hope this helps

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah mine had the black box that you could adjust the speaker inputs on but that wasnt my problem. turns out the pins for the speaker harness weren't going in the harness of the car perfectly. so i cut away the plastic on the harness and got it to work :banana:

jst854

Reaction score
yeah, but if you cut out the black box, your system will be a lot louder. The stock amps can handle a high level or speaker input level. By doing this you are using the power of your headunit as well as the power from the amps. I did it and love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online