Alright..whos got Tuurrrrrrbo powerrrr??

98stang6

Reaction score
Anyone on this forum have a single or twin turbo set up? preferably on the six of course but any engine applys. Just wondering cuz i dont know too many ppl with turbo stangs and i want to strap one on my car if i dont do a motor swap.

OP
OP

98stang6

Reaction score
not necessarily. high boost yes, but ive been reading more into turbo v6's and they seem to do fine around 4-6 psi. thats not much for a big built v8 i know but it produces a pretty signifcant bjump in hp & tq. ive heard somewhere around 275hp. thats just a bit over stock gt power, but its a nice leap from our little 145 flywheel power.

OP
OP

98stang6

Reaction score
yeah, ultimately thats what ill end up doing. most likely a 99+ GT motor i can find cheap w/ low miles then just mod that. the 3.8 can make a lot of power. but its too damn expensive. funny, the only one responding in the v6 turbo post is a 5.0 v8 guy haha. thanks for the support matt lol.

white98stang

Reaction score
theres a guy on here that has turbo and let me tell you that thing is sicccckkkkk....... look at the post i started with the topic name of I WONDER... and i was talking about swaping a 5 oh for my 3.8, anyways scroll down and you can see what some of those guys have you will be impressed... it gives you a new found respect for v6

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
I've got a couple turbos.

Twin 16 g's to be precise.

Dont go v8, stick with the v6 it'll take care of you.

Oh, and the only headgasket issue these cars have is in 94/95, 96-98's hold up fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online