American Muscle

lrb78

Reaction score
I ordered some parts through American Muscle on the 19th of February and still have not received any tracking information. I have been in contact with them three separate times and no one has been any help. Anybody else had these kinds of problems with them?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a nightmare experience with them. I ordered the Eibach Pro Plus suspension system, which their website said was in stock. I received the first of 2 boxes quickly. It took 6 weeks FOR ME to track down the second box. I finally called Eibach directly and they were awesome. Sent it right out and said they hadn’t yet been contacted by AM for the second box. Got 6 weeks of run around. Haven’t ordered from them since and NEVER WILL again.

What did you order? And, is it too late to cancel? It shouldn’t be because they’re not supposed to bill you until it goes out. At least that’s Maximum MotorSports and LMR’s policy. Both of the latter have excellent customer service.

sluggish94

Reaction score
I've had good experiences and bad experiences. The last thing I ordered from them was a set of underdrive pulleys in September of last year. Can't remember of any problems with that order. Prior to that I had ordered something or other for my Foxbody mustang and I had major problems with that order, which steered me away from buying anything from them for a while. You'll find yourself shopping elsewhere once your car gets faster or if you end up doing a more serious build.
They do offer a grip of nice wheels though. I think AM has it's place in the aftermarket Mustang world. Their advertisement style seems like they are trying to cater to the younger crowd with the newer Mustangs.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I have had a 50 50 luck on parts with them
I would give them another chance but they would probably continue down the same path
You would think
1 Open the box
2 check to make sure all the stuff is correct and complete no damages
Before they ship the stuff
I have had stuff incorrect and missing hardware
But yes I have

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Almost forgot
the part they dont have in stock and never had that thay will sell to you
Sounds harsh but true

joe65

Reaction score
shipping has been fu8ked up the last few weeks from that winter storm. I had an overnight package with really important documents get stuck at the post office for 10 days. Between Covid back ups and the storm the delivery system is pretty messy right now.

Reaction score
shipping has been fu8ked up the last few weeks from that winter storm. I had an overnight package with really important documents get stuck at the post office for 10 days. Between Covid back ups and the storm the delivery system is pretty messy right now.

i would agree that winter has fucked up a lot, but that was mainly texas. i work in supply chain logistics and know for a fact t is FUCKED... lol theres actually an embargo right now and its fucking up a lot of my freight deliveries and pick ups. as for AM though, i never shop with them. they have really dropped off with their quality. i only buy from lmr or direct from the vendor

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Your telling me
My short block is in the middle of covid and weather
Waiting 2 months

OP
OP
L

lrb78

Reaction score
I finally was able to talk with someone last night who sounded like he was going to get it figured out for me, I will hopefully have an answer later today.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Never had an issue with AM over 10 years. A lot of these parts are coming from China via the West Coast so shipping times will vary greatly. I'm only like 40 mins from AM so anything they have on site I get quickly but most companies are getting out of the warehouse business and drop shipping from the manufacturer.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
If I lived 40 minutes from them
My hands would be at the guys throat
Is much yelling i did at them
Drive me to drink and blood pressure to go up

Overboost

Reaction score
I have had a few orders with them and so far so good...
got some sequential tail light modules, one was defective, smooth return and replacement.
got some wheels and tires.... some other small parts.. no real complaints except the tires are crap, but that is the design, no traction from some MT street comp

joe65

Reaction score
i would agree that winter has fucked up a lot, but that was mainly texas. i work in supply chain logistics and know for a fact t is FUCKED... lol theres actually an embargo right now and its fucking up a lot of my freight deliveries and pick ups. as for AM though, i never shop with them. they have really dropped off with their quality. i only buy from lmr or direct from the vendor

I am in agreement about the AM stuff now. I use LMR also or the manf. themselves.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
They used to be really good even when they opened up or took over moss mustang
Is it management or whatever they turned an A+ to a store that doesn't care about its customers
If it were me running it
I would clean house
If you can't do the job out you go

When I retire I may have to open up a mustang parts warehouse here

OP
OP
L

lrb78

Reaction score
Quick update, after an endless series of phone calls, I finally have my parts! They claim it was an issue with their invoicing system and the order never generated a ticket at the warehouse to pull the parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online