Another brake thread! ha,seriously tho,need advice.

Above118

Reaction score
Heres the deal, im wanting to "upgrade" my V6 brakes. NO i dont need something crazy like Brembro or Wilwood. Just looking for a lil bit better stopping power due to the fact i will be putting a TERMI swap in during the winter.

Heres my question:

Can i put stock brakes from an 01-03 Gt on them without any bracket mods? buddy has a set in his garage front and back i can have for free. So before wasting my time,just wondering if they will work or not. And if not,what work is required.

Thanks Fellas.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Heres the deal, im wanting to "upgrade" my V6 brakes. NO i dont need something crazy like Brembro or Wilwood. Just looking for a lil bit better stopping power due to the fact i will be putting a TERMI swap in during the winter.

Heres my question:

Can i put stock brakes from an 01-03 Gt on them without any bracket mods? buddy has a set in his garage front and back i can have for free. So before wasting my time,just wondering if they will work or not. And if not,what work is required.

Thanks Fellas.

I'm assuming your getting the new brackets with the calipers from your buddy right? You can't use 94-98 caliper brackets.
The only bracket mod is you may have to shave a couple millimeters off the spindle for the brackets to clear on the front. I believe that's only for 94-95 spindles though but I could be wrong.

94_modified_spindle.jpg

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
yea getting the full set up,calipers+brackets,rotors also if i want.... i have a 96 so i might not have to shave the spindles.

thanks for the reply Ferocious

RichV

Reaction score
Yes, just the front calipers and brackets are what you need everything else is the same as what you have. Unless your stuff is broke, you can keep it.

Other than the front calipers, I would get all new soft lines, upgrade to braided if you can, flush the system completely with some new fluid, and get some decent pads from Hawk or Carbotech.

RichV

Reaction score
Oh, and remember to get pads for the 99-04 in the front.

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
oh cool...thanks for the info guys! deff appreciate it. Yea im going to be running the HAWK pads. used them on my 5.0 and they felt better and barley any brake dust.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.