Anyone saw a test on the new Twisted flow intake manifold?

stanger2125

Reaction score
I saw the new twisted flow manifold in the mm & ff. I'm very curious about the power gain. ???

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
dont get your hopes up, the stock manifold is very hard to improve on.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
that is unless you want to spend over $1000 for a manifold

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yes I have numbers!! They are not mine, but they are acurate!! Ill post the link for the N/A numbers in second! N/A it is not worth it at all, but if you are running any spray or nitrous, definatly worth it! There is a guy over on MF that did before and after dynos on a procharged car. He lost 3 or more psi of boost, but he made the same power. Just for that fact making the same power with lower boost levels shows that it flows more air and is a more efficent design. If you have any more questions just ask me! I have been researching this thing since I knew it was coming out!

OP
OP
S

stanger2125

Reaction score
:-\ Well, thanks for the info... I was hoping for something much better but I guess even trick flow (They have a head called twisted wedge, hence the mistake :p) can't do better than the PI intake. Too bad, I was hoping to use this withe PI heads to make a killer N/a engine.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
For a N/A motor your best bet is the plastic PI, but if you are going to run spray or FI the trick flow is one of the better ones I have seen!!

tooslow

Reaction score
on one of the adds for it i've seen on a couple sites listed engines which peak in power around 7,200 rpms as the ideal candicate for this intake.

because the PI intake is so good, any improvements an intake can make over the PI will be in the higher rpm ranges. you can see in those numbers how it lost some power in the midrange, but gain some nearing 6k rpm. had the engine had ported heads and the cams to rev past 7k rpm, i'm sure thats where the huge difference will be made.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
You are all so correct! It would be a great intake just as the P51 is in the higher RPM motors! But for a relativly stocker not the best bang for your buck!

voidfinger

Reaction score
true, but it is a thing of beauty to me :) , also you gotta look that we are only feeding 281 cubic inches :( i'm going to be building up a 5.2 2v "If my car isn't totalled" and i'm thinking of using this intake :) hope it flows enough air

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online