Anyone up for a little bit of friendly competition?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of car photoshoping forums do this, and I figured we might be able to have some fun with it too.

The idea is once a month, we have to take a high res photo of a car and go nuts with it. The picture is set for everyone, but you're allowed to do whatever you want. Then at the end of the month, we take votes or something to see who wins. Obviously, its just for fun and to learn some new stuff with photoshop, but I figure there are a few of us who dick around with PS and might enjoy it.

Anyone up for it?

Slykin

Reaction score
If I had PS and knew how to do this i'd be up for it.. But i'm excited to see some of the stuff you guys'll come up with.

Justang

Reaction score
So everybody uses the same picture? Are we going for the wackiest creation, or trying to make it an even better picture? Also is it limited to just photo editing or are we allowed to add to them?

Regardless, I'm in.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and set this months photo and we can all just get started.

We'll start with something relevant to everyone, a 2010 Mustang GT.
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=14890&size=w1920

For rules, it's pretty self-explanatory. You can do whatever you want, lower, rims, bodywork, whatever. Just use that photo and have fun with it. Let's say that we won't accept any more chops on the 30th. That gives it 4 weeks and that ought to be enough time to do some crazy stuff with it. When you get done, just upload it and post it here and I guess I'll start another thread once we get all the entries for voting on the 31st. Like I said, you can do whatever and we'll just have a vote to see which one is the best. I'm trying to leave it open so people don't get intimidated and don't try. Its just for fun, so any sort of editing, body mods, whatever is game.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also, if you guys haven't really done much in regards to this stuff, look for the Photoshop Bible put on by digimods or something like that. A lot of good tutorials for your basic stuff. You can also check out carchops.com. I get a lot of ideas from there.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to see so much intrest in this.

What are your guys first sort of ideas? I like more subtle things so a lot of my chops reflect that and I'm going to be going the same way with this one. Shaving some stuff, color-matching some more. Not really sure that I have the room I would like to allow me to put some scoops on the side of it. Might try and lower it although that'll be tricky with the busy background.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here's where I am at break time. Mid-process of smoothing front bumper. Its rough right now, but that's alright. I'll clean it up once I start doing what I'm wanting to do. I'm making the car more retro. That's all I'm saying for the moment but I'm hoping it turns out well. You can probably see a few of my tiny tiny mods that most people probably aren't going to notice. I'm kind of hoping to have this done halfway through the month because I'll be moving back to school the 28th but we'll see.

Bringitfools.jpg

Justang

Reaction score
Hmmm...I need to do some research to see different looks for these cars, I know nothing about them.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
WIP2.jpg

My ideas are slowly coming along, coming along.

Who all is actually doing this? Just trying to get a headcount.

Justang

Reaction score
I am...but you gave us a month to do it, so I probably won't actually start for another two weeks.

Passenger

Reaction score
Count me in.

Although next time we need to do something with less reflections on the car lol

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
why not pick a car that is a little more adaptable to other cars? The 2010 mustang is already so unique looking that anything you try to put on it will just look awkwardly out of place. If you pick something more along the lines of a basic economy car, you'd have a lot more options to play around with.

switch96

Reaction score
I'm in.

I agree with Alexr, I think it'd be fun to take a Trueno AE86 or an old Galant VR4 and see who can make them actually look good.

Passenger

Reaction score
Alexr said:
why not pick a car that is a little more adaptable to other cars? The 2010 mustang is already so unique looking that anything you try to put on it will just look awkwardly out of place. If you pick something more along the lines of a basic economy car, you'd have a lot more options to play around with.
While I agree, there are still SO many things you can do to the picture of this car its unreal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online