anyone use an oil cooler?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
The factory one routes coolant to cool the oil.. No heat exchanger..
The aftermarket come with a heat Exchanger just like a radiator you want it where air is going to flow thru it to cool it down.. That be in front of the radiator.. If you can find another spot where it can get good air flow and not be in your way you can mount it there

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah ok I see now no I am wanting one with the heat exchanger for sure. Now I just need to do some measuring to get the size right and decide on a brand. Mishimoto so far is about the only one I am famiar with are there some good names maybe in the diesel arena I should look for or any other names that I should not be afraid of?

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
20160220_153212_zpswgyawecl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
ah ok I see now no I am wanting one with the heat exchanger for sure. Now I just need to do some measuring to get the size right and decide on a brand. Mishimoto so far is about the only one I am famiar with are there some good names maybe in the diesel arena I should look for or any other names that I should not be afraid of?
That's your best choice. Unless you buy a used one from a 94-95 cobra.. Im Not a fan of those either...

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Im getting the setrab one from ReplicaR.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
A particular company sells an adapter the replaces the factory oil filter adapter

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ain_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=251

Holy hell the mishimoto thermostatic plates can be had for $120. Is there something on these I am missing about these?

Im getting the setrab one from ReplicaR.

Like I said I do not know the good from the bad names on these and that is the first I have heard anyone recommend that brand or that someone here sells them? Are they as good as the mishimoto's for around the same price?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Honestly, i know nothing about which brand is better. The designs are pretty much the same design from what i can see. Mishimoto's usually have iffy reviews, there products are a hit and miss. However, Setrab might be pricier and not sold as a kit, from what ive seen. I am buying it used from forum member ReplicaR. He tracks his car and i want to track mine, ap Setrab works with him i am sure itll work with me

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Holy hell the mishimoto thermostatic plates can be had for $120. Is there something on these I am missing about these?

Like I said I do not know the good from the bad names on these and that is the first I have heard anyone recommend that brand or that someone here sells them? Are they as good as the mishimoto's for around the same price?
That's too replace the factory one on the 4.6

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the factory style ones like the Cobras had. It came factory on my 351w motor.

If I decide to not buy a remote style I'll at least run this one especially since turbos have a habit of really heating the oil up.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on your budget, I recommend Setrab. Various sizes, you pick the cooler than you want based on HP that the engine produces. They also have a thermostat control. Downside is you will have to make your own braided hose (which can be an upside as you get to route it where you want at the length and size you want). I would use it in conjunction with a remote oil kit.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well now this makes things interesting. This is the opening quote from an email I just got.

" Good afternoon! Thank you for thinking of Mishimoto! We look forward to growing a partnership with you. After reviewing your proposal we are excited to offer you an Associate Sponsorship position from Mishimoto. :) "

I came across some sponsorship stuff in some searches for this and filled it out thinking I would never hear back. Guess I am glad I didn't order all this yet...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.