April 2014 - ROTM - Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Can someone please describe the criteria for "Car of the Month". If you define it then it would be easier to select a car vs. giving it to someone because they've been a good member, their popular or just because. You say this is a REVOLUTION but yet you won't allow the following to be nominated:
410sn95
suspect
97stanger
Michael Plummer
MadStang
antcjr
duff daddy
jedpony
slow90coupe
white95
Willis_98Gt
venom351R
Tony
AmAlley27

I'm sure you guys know the definition of Revolution. Either define the criteria, or let the above people be included. Maybe we'll have our first "Two-time Champion". We have a new owner, let him pick it but please define the criteria once and for all it will make picking or nominating a vehicle a whole lot easier. Last month we had High HP cars but yet you didn't define or weigh any categories. Think of 5.0 the magazine and their "Street car shootout" The weigh points towards certain categories. Just my opinion.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
You say this is a REVOLUTION but yet you won't allow the following to be nominated:
410sn95
suspect
97stanger
Michael Plummer
MadStang
antcjr
duff daddy
jedpony
slow90coupe
white95
Willis_98Gt
venom351R
Tony
AmAlley27

I'm a bit confused.
They don't allow those people to be nominated because they are previous winners of ROTM.
It prevents the same car from winning over and over and over again. That wouldn't be very fun now would it?

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Can someone please describe the criteria for "Car of the Month". If you define it then it would be easier to select a car vs. giving it to someone because they've been a good member, their popular or just because. You say this is a REVOLUTION but yet you won't allow the following to be nominated:
410sn95
suspect
97stanger
Michael Plummer
MadStang
antcjr
duff daddy
jedpony
slow90coupe
white95
Willis_98Gt
venom351R
Tony
AmAlley27

I'm sure you guys know the definition of Revolution. Either define the criteria, or let the above people be included. Maybe we'll have our first "Two-time Champion". We have a new owner, let him pick it but please define the criteria once and for all it will make picking or nominating a vehicle a whole lot easier. Last month we had High HP cars but yet you didn't define or weigh any categories. Think of 5.0 the magazine and their "Street car shootout" The weigh points towards certain categories. Just my opinion.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

Our ROTM in an informal contest with no set criteria. In the past I have been a car show judge and I understand the angle you see things from. Unfortunately, as you've noticed, this turns into more of a popularity contest than anything. We chose to have "themed" ROTMs for Jan.-Mar. as a trial run then, for whatever reason, this... "revolution" as it was labeled turned it back over to the membership to choose the nominees.

Never again... We will return to themed contests:

ie: red vs blue, 94-98 convertibles vs 99-04 convertibles, "project of the month"...

It's purely up to the members to read through a nominees list of modifications, view the pictures and make their own determination. If you feel we could do things better PLEASE feel free to start a thread in the suggestions section and let's talk it out :)

I'm a bit confused.
They don't allow those people to be nominated because they are previous winners of ROTM.
It prevents the same car from winning over and over and over again. That wouldn't be very fun now would it?

If you won in the previous 12 months, you aren't eligable until 12 months later.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
If you won in the previous 12 months, you aren't eligable until 12 months later.

Yes and I think that's a very good idea. Too bad the forums can't handle nominating people. I don't remember ever seeing a problem with nominations since I've been here in October... There's been a few nomination months and they seemed to go pretty well. Oh well. Only problem with doing the themed months is you'd have to cover everyone's car otherwise you'll get the complainers. Lol

I think you, the mod staff, is doing a fantastic job. Imo

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=9170]Michael Plummer[/MENTION], in addition to this ^, if your car made the cut and was one of the poll choices for last month's ROTM, you aren't eligible to be nominated either, for at least one month.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I done did been nominated.

Far as the ROTM, I stay out of it for the most part. But back in the day, you had a cooling off period of one month if you were in the running. That way it wasnt a constant competition between the same cars. Plus, featuring the same cars, as awesome as they are, is about as awesome as tits on a bull. Relatively pointless.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Maybe I'm doing a bad job explaining my point. I understand the rule BUT if you're going to have a REVOLUTION, then the RULES go out the window. That was the point I was trying to make. Honestly, I don't care about being ROTM but trying to nominate someone without a criteria makes it a popularity contest in my opinion.

White95, can we talk over the phone, it will be a lot easier. And my nomination is still Mack.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
617-347-3146

Mustanger

Reaction score
I LIKE the restrictions on past winners & nominees...it passes the chance to win around to so many more. It can & does boil down to a popularity contest sometimes but that is human nature...the themed contest idea was brilliant! we should alternate frequently....I believe the REVOLUTION was kinda tongue in cheek! Just havin' fun with us!...

We have so many fine cars here always hard to choose & to be nominated is quite an honor!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like the theme months too.
My other Mustang club has RTOM's by body style (we obviously can do that one), under construction, staff, v6 v-8, etc.
We could seperate it by color, and race trim, before and after, vert, bla bla bla.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^lol. Unfortunately I don't think there is enough orange cars or v6s to run a ROTM, so I'm screwed for themes.

I think MustangChris didn't mean anything with the word "revolution" other than handing the nominations back to the "people" since the last couple months were selected by staff

You guys are over thinking ROTM... Nominate CARS that you like/feel that deserves the title. Not the member, but the car.

I think its a pretty simple concept.

The past winners are left out for a year, and the past runners up are left out for a month. Its all to give variety, without that rule you'd get the same cars. Yeah it sucks being on the receiving end of the "time out" for a year but suck it up, you won.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Here's an idea... How about we get back to nominating cars for ROTM. You guys can talk to your GF's or BF's about your feelings

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm doing a bad job explaining my point. I understand the rule BUT if you're going to have a REVOLUTION, then the RULES go out the window. That was the point I was trying to make. Honestly, I don't care about being ROTM but trying to nominate someone without a criteria makes it a popularity contest in my opinion.

White95, can we talk over the phone, it will be a lot easier. And my nomination is still Mack.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
617-347-3146

i used the term "revolution" to reference taking back power from our evil over-lords: the staff; NOT a reference to the contest/contestants/cars involved. :)

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Everyone, shut up. Back on track before I start dropping ban hammers.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I guess since I've already made one nomination in this thread I'll hold onto my other one until next month :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online