Auto Xer's

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
dalamar it is probably cast in backspaceing. I don't know but i love it when they are flush with the car, it makes it look so sexy lol :behind:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Must be.

defaletly love the flush look :rockyou:

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Lol i'm trying to figure out what all i need to do the manual swap :( wow there is a lot of stuff. I got a question dalamar since you done it......When you swapped did you need a new wiring harness for the manual or did the auto one work. Also, what to do with the speedo cable thing....are they the same? URrrrggggg to much stuff. OOO and what about the computer? will the auto tune on the computer mess it up???????? TO MUCH STUFF LOL.

96sohc

Reaction score
You need a different trans wiring harness.
Your auto computer will work if a tuner flashes it for a manual.
Speedo cable should be the same as long as the transmission is set for mechanical; If not you need to look into a Dallas Mustang Speedcal EXTENDED RANGE box.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Lol i'm trying to figure out what all i need to do the manual swap :( wow there is a lot of stuff. I got a question dalamar since you done it......When you swapped did you need a new wiring harness for the manual or did the auto one work. Also, what to do with the speedo cable thing....are they the same? URrrrggggg to much stuff. OOO and what about the computer? will the auto tune on the computer mess it up???????? TO MUCH STUFF LOL.

Ya there is.
I left the wiring and speedo connection to the tuner.
the TKO accepts all types of speedo cables, so that's good.

96sohc has some good info too.

you will also need an upper and lower shift boot, and have to move the park switch and hook it to the clutch.
I got the pedals from Stangparts, modified my own crossmember, shorter driveline.

That's it off the top - which tranny you looking at?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
I've got a guy that is sending me a t-45 that came off his car when he blew the motor. he has it apart and said that everything is in good working order but when he put the new motor in he went on and got a tremmic or whatever. So i got a trans for the price of shipping and he also is sending me the heads which needs surfaceing and also some long tubes for the price of shipping lol. Gotta love some hand outs man. Anyway, so i need a new wiring harness and i got to get the computer reflashed.......How much does getting the computer reflashed cost? cuz if its too much then ill just wait till i slide the cobra motor in and do it too. since no flashing is required lol. Anyway i was thinking...where can i get boots and the plate that is suppose to go in front of the trans???? Anything else i'm missing????

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
and have to move the park switch and hook it to the clutch.
I got the pedals from Stangparts

so what are you talking about when you say that i have to move the park switch???? i've never heard of that. And how much did the pedals run and how hard where they to install? Thnks man

96sohc

Reaction score
Check E-bay or online classifieds for pedal assemblies.
I got my pedal assembly from an 03 Cobra for $175 shipped on corral.
Flashing a computer, pricewise, depends on the tuner who does it.
You can buy the boots new or used, depends on your taste, the interior pieces obviously must be used, and don't forget about the lower shift boot.

As for the plate in front of the trans, which should be called the "block plate," I'm actually in my researching stage on that, supposedly the automatics and manuals had two different depths, so you'd probably need one specifically for a manual.

If the T45 you got came out of a 96-98 car you've pretty much got a remove and replace installation, not alot of modification required.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
what are you refering to when you say that the interior pieces obviously have to be used? i'm thinking that i'm going to wait till i get the cobra motor ready to slide in so i'll have everything all ready for the install. but where can i purchas the upper and lower boots for the shifter maybe at 5.0 resto? hmmmmm. Wow the more i think about it the more i like the idea of not swapping the trans lol. Maybe just save all that money and get a good converter for the 4v swap and mod the harness and flash the computer lol. Hmmmm choices choices choices.

96sohc

Reaction score
To my knowledge, you cannot buy shifter trim pieces brand new, i.e they must be used.
Upper boots can be purchased new on many different mustang sites, the lower boots you could probably find a 5.0 resto or on e-bay.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Dalamar said:
and have to move the park switch and hook it to the clutch.
I got the pedals from Stangparts

so what are you talking about when you say that i have to move the park switch???? i've never heard of that. And how much did the pedals run and how hard where they to install? Thnks man

There's a cable that goes to the shifter, interrupts start so it will only crank in Park or Neutral.
you gotta move that to the clutch pedal.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
o ok i got ya. Hmmmm. I'm wondering what to do....... Quick pole, what should i do guys. Swap to the 5 speed or stay auto? hmmmm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online