Bad idle serge... Need help

Va94cobra

Reaction score
I have a 1994 cobra wit long tube headers msd ignition and k&n air filter... Just did a head gasket job and had heads done. Got the car back up and running took it for a drive and it serges while siting still... When u turn the wheel it will die.. When u are driving and about to go into a turn push in the clutch and turn the wheel it dies... I pulled the iac/maf and cleaned them put back on and still serge's.. It has new plugs new cap and rotor im lost please help...

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
when my TPS went bad I would get a hanging idle not a surging idle.
I agree with a vacuum leak diagnosis.

FrankenStang

Reaction score
id check ur alternators voltage regulator...it can cause a lot of those same issues....do the rpms drop every so slightly as you turn ur wheel and the more you turn it the more they drop? like at an idle if you crank ur wheel all they way one direction what does ur car do?

OP
OP
V

Va94cobra

Reaction score
The alternator is good i had the car running and pulled the ground off and it ran for 20-30 min before i put back on... If u turn the wheel slightly it doesnt do anything its when its in full lock it dies

OP
OP
V

Va94cobra

Reaction score
Well my lights stayed on the whole entire time nice and bright when the battery was disconnected while car was on...

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
That if the worse way to check A alternator.. Make sure your intake does not have any vac leaks that includes in between lower and upper..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0