Bad motor mount?

A_+

Reaction score
My 95 has been vibrating, rapid thud sound on acceleration and sounding like crap for a long time. I got about 67k on the engine and transmission and last year I replaced the trans mount and crossmember with a stifflers because I thought it would help. Car still sound like crap so I decided to replace the motor mounts and when I finally removed the driver side (both in great shape) and compared it to the new one. It looks like the holes don’t match. I’m thinking about just sending them back and using the old ones since they still look good. What do you think?IMG_3004.jpg IMG_3005.jpg

Last edited:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im confused? Have you figured out the thud sound....was it motor mounts?

If the news mounts dont match up to the old mounts, then yes, send back.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Idk why it’s making the sounds so this time I decided to replace the mounts hoping that would help. Since they both look to be in good shape, im assuming it’s not the mount.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
The little nipple part on the old mount appears to have been shaved off and the threads that slip though the hole on the k were sitting on the k when I removed it. The bolt was tight but it was making contact with the car.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Well, just found out that the mounts that were already on there are from a fox [emoji856]

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
The previous owner told me that this car needs to run fox mounts because regular mounts would cause the engine to sit too high.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The previous owner told me that this car needs to run fox mounts because regular mounts would cause the engine to sit too high.

They make drop mounts for our cars. They’re all solid mounts as far as I know but they do drop the motor up to 3/4”.

I’ll be ordering a set when I get back to my car cause a Windsor block makes for a taller setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I guess I just don’t see how much of an issue 95 mounts would have done. The damn car is running all fox stuff with fox mounts and fox struts. I should have kept my fox!

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
So, when bolting on the mm, do both sides need to be bolted as even as possible or does it not matter?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There should t be any room for adjustment. They’re not slotted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Well, when I removed the mounts the first time, the driver side was sitting at the bottom of the hole where the mount is inserted and the passenger side was bolted right in the center of the hole. They both are bolted in the same locations now.

Now I’m wondering since this car is running fox mounts, will that affect the trans mount or the angle of how the trans bolts up the the engine? Should I worry about driveline angle? This car is lowered, if that matters.

Last edited:

dcm0123

Reaction score
Not sure about drive line angle but make sure the oil pan is not hitting the top of the steering rack as mine was.

I have a 351W with a 7 quart oil pan and it hit so I had to put spacers between the mount and the engine to raise the engine.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I gotta get back under there to make sure the mm stayed tightened so I’ll check for that, thanks! The damn o/r H keeps touching the crossmember, I just might need to get this pipe cut and turned around....idk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online