Badge rechromers??

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t seem to find an exact replacement for my trunk’s “SVT Cobra” badge. I found just the “SVT” from another year, but it’s smaller and doesn’t have the “Cobra” lower portion. Also found a replacement set but they’re blacked out, not the stock chrome/ black that I want.

I tried buffing mine with a chrome polish but that only took more of what’s left of the chrome off.

Anyone know where to find this? Or a place that can rechrome mine?image.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't help but think about this add for a pen that kept popping up on my facebook showing a paint pen that they would simply wipe across a bottle, or what ever and it dried 5 secs later looking like chrome.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm… come to think of it, I have a silver paint pen that I use for nicks, etc. Is that the same as chrome color, or is there a specific chrome color paint pen?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is a ‘95… :-(

badass98svt

Reaction score
Mine is a ‘95… :-(

That's not your OEM badge though. That badge is from a 99. The one MP linked is the same one that is on your trunk now

Your 95 should have a simple SVT badge, no "Cobra" underneath it.

94 didn't have a badge
95-98 had the SVT badge
99 had the big SVT/Cobra badge like you have on your trunk
01 and 03/04 went back to the SVT badge

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok…. I did not know that! It’s the badge that came with the car when I bought it a couple of years ago, so I just “ASSUMED” (yes, I know!) that it was the correct badging.
That being said, I can remove the faded one that’s on there and replace it with the ”SVT” badge I just got from LMR. Sweet, thanks!

P.S.- how do I remove the old badge? Heat gun (hair dryer) and a plastic wedge tool??

Monday

Reaction score
Hmm… come to think of it, I have a silver paint pen that I use for nicks, etc. Is that the same as chrome color, or is there a specific chrome color paint pen?
I hope this helps.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online