Bama 4 bank eliminator

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
I just got a 95 gt, it came with a 4 bank eliminator chip. The previous owner said it had some idling issues on the higher octane tunes, probably from the cobra intake or other mods. He suggested getting it dyno tuned before using the chip. I know diesel tuning makes a huge difference but every gasser I've put a tuner on the differences are negligible. I only noticed differences in shifting, but this is a 5spd so that's not affected any.

I haven't played with the chip at all, it's currently set to off. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these, and if it's worth getting dyno tuned. I like how it drives and I'm not going for performance at all so I'm thinking about just removing it. Is there any "pairing" like with newer obd II tuners if I were to chooses to sell it? Thanks guys! I might just give American muscle a call or something to ask them about removing the chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
Not a ton is done. Cobra upper and lower manifolds, ford racing intake, bbk throttle body, ford racing plug wires, msd cap, and an exhaust. Everything else is factory. Factory heads, not gt40s or anything.

OP
OP
B

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
the bama tune I had was horrible. I would recomend a dyno.

Yeah, that's the thing, if the tuner isnt really worth it, I'm just going to ditch the chip and leave it stock. I'm not looking to do a 300+hp build or anything. I just want the car for driving, the less mods the less things break ha ha. My superduty is my money pit, I've been down that road ha ha, this mod needs that, this other mod needs something else or this thing will break etc...

I'm new to tuning and modding gassers. Does the dyno tune alter the factory computer? Or would they modify the chip I have itself? I know there are ways to flash and tune sct and edge tuners but I'm clueless on the obd1 stuff.

lutter94

Reaction score
If thats all that is done to it, the stock ECM can account for it, shouldn't need a dyno yet...they have to program the chip to contain the tune, i.e. they would have to tune it 4 times and save 4 different tunes on it (if you so wanted). I'd pull the chip, sell it if you like, I don't think they have to be "unlocked" from the vehicle to reprogram.

OP
OP
B

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
I think I might pull it then. The previous owner is going to send me the information in order to get it re tuned. I guess it needs to show that the car/tuner has transferred ownership or something in order to change the tunes. Again, I'll probably call American muscle and verify that information.

95GT86SS

Reaction score
When you call Bama and say you bought the car with the chip they're going to tell you we can retune it for a fee. Once it changes ownership the tunes for life is gone. Only the original owner can get new tunes for it for free. If I was you, I'd pull it and either sell or just put it up for a possible rebuild where you may need it for a dyno tune.

95 GT BBK CAI TB MSD 6AL O/R H SLP LM1
Coming soon GT40 Heads Intake and e303 cam with Long tubes

OP
OP
B

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
I'm thinking the same thing. I'm not planning a huge build for this car. If anything gets rebuilt it will be rebuilt just as it is. I'm going to play with it here when I get a chance and maybe pull it this weekend. Thanks everyone for the advice!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
even if you sent it back for bama to redo unless you have AFR #s/temps or some data to give them they are just going to take a guess or pull something from another drop down menu and pray its good now. Telling them it idles rough isn't going to give them much to work on.

OP
OP
B

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
Yeah, no, I was never going to have them redo it without something other than "the idle sucks, man". I don't think the car is modded enough to justify it. For what I plan on using the car for.

ranger56528

Reaction score
I took my Bama 4 bank with lifetime tunes out,I'm sure it's a good product if done right just wasn't right for me and now it just sits. I ended up installing a On3 turbo and went with a QH,Bama doesn't do tunes for turbo so now my Bama just sits in a plastic bag looking for a home. I think it would be a ok chip if a person had more details on there set up other then bigger MAF,bigger injectors bigger TB and dual exhaust.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure if I would want a bama tune that was made for another car. I mean I think the one I got from bama was made for another car and I just ended up at the dyno 2 weeks after getting it so I guess I would take it, but take it to the dyno. Others can still use it as the tuners normally are pretty proud of the chips to turn a profit on them. Come in with the chip at a fair price and it can save a good chunk.

95GT86SS

Reaction score
I took my Bama 4 bank with lifetime tunes out,I'm sure it's a good product if done right just wasn't right for me and now it just sits. I ended up installing a On3 turbo and went with a QH,Bama doesn't do tunes for turbo so now my Bama just sits in a plastic bag looking for a home. I think it would be a ok chip if a person had more details on there set up other then bigger MAF,bigger injectors bigger TB and dual exhaust.
Interested in selling said chip?

95 GT BBK CAI TB MSD 6AL O/R H SLP LM1
Coming soon GT40 Heads Intake and e303 cam with Long tubes

EVILSN

Reaction score
Those tunes are pointless unless it's being data logged on the dyno. Ive had my wife's car chip re flashed after re re flashed and yet to run rite. Runs better with the chip removed

Sent from my iPhone using My dick

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I agree a dyno is the best way but you can datalog in real life with the right gauges and a good tuner can use it. But since our chips need to be burned its still harder then the obd2 guys.

OP
OP
B

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
So to clear up my confusion, let's say i take the car to a place that can dyno it. Would they tune the cars ecm itself? Retune the tuner? Or data log the car so I can have the tuner re tuned from bama?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you go to a dyno they see all the numbers they need to make changes on the tune that is on the chip to make changes to the ecm. You can data log those same numbers in real life with the right gauges and then send the chip to someone that can burn the correct tune. Bama will just make their best guess and cross their fingers that they got it right or your too annoyed to care to bother them. The advantage of the dyno is they can test it and see its perfect and again with the right gauges you can also data log to confirm its good.

OP
OP
B

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. I guess I need to decide if it's worth my time and money for what little gains it may be.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is of course assuming that is the chip the dyno prefers. Each one has a brand they like and more then likely make more money with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.