Bama Tuning?

RICE ETR

Reaction score
I'm planning my next mod to purchase in the next few weeks, my auto 5.0 is an absolute turd and i'd like to wake it up. I'm getting 4.10's installed next wed. so that should help. My mods right now are: Air Intake, Shorties, H Pipe, Catback, 4.10's I do plan on building the top end but not till next spring, will a Bama tune have a decent gain or is there something else I should look into?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will not notice anything short of a lighter wallet. Until you get into the heads is something that you will end up paying to change later. With all that being said I got a chip from bama after my HCI swap and ended up running so rich that I was afraid to take as far as I needed for a dyno tune. It made it, and I still have the "lifetime tunes" stuff but will not be using it....

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
you will not notice anything short of a lighter wallet. Until you get into the heads is something that you will end up paying to change later. With all that being said I got a chip from bama after my HCI swap and ended up running so rich that I was afraid to take as far as I needed for a dyno tune. It made it, and I still have the "lifetime tunes" stuff but will not be using it....

Thanks for sharing your experience, anyone else?

MadStang

Reaction score
don't do it. their tune's run hella rich and really don't add any kind of performance honestly. Save your pennies for a dyno tune.

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Well this wasn't the response I wanted to hear! Its a good thing I asked, I was a little weird about so many positive reviews on AM seems a little forced...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well this wasn't the response I wanted to hear! Its a good thing I asked, I was a little weird about so many positive reviews on AM seems a little forced...

People put too much faith on the online reviews. I had an air tool from a big manf die on me recently so I filled out a review and it never showed up on their site..

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
People put too much faith on the online reviews. I had an air tool from a big manf die on me recently so I filled out a review and it never showed up on their site..

Exactly why I created this thread, there's 100+ reviews all 4+ stars with nothing negative being said which seemed almost too good to be true.

kb1982

Reaction score
This is what they have listedon their website. **NOTE: Programming custom tunes may take 3-4 business days. We recommend ordering other products separately to avoid delay. Some heavily modified cars are not tunable with a mail order tune
Certain modifications must be tuned at your local DYNO tuner. In order to custom tune for these mods,
visithttp://www.sctflash.com to locate a dyno tuner in your area.
Unsure if we offer tunes for your modifications? Check the list below. If you still have doubts, please give us a call
at 1-888-226-9764!
Examples:
• Non-Mustang Cars.
• Pre-1987 Mustangs. (Speed Density Mustangs).
• Heads or Cams on 1996 to 2004 Mustangs. (We do offer tunes for 1996-1998 Mustang GT’s with PI heads
stock injectors and MAF.)
• Carbureted Mustangs.
• Non-Stock type Fuel Injection
• Non-Stock Forced Induction on 1987-2004 and 2011 and up. (Ford Racing Whipple, Roush , Edelbrock and
Saleen are OK on 2005-2010.)
• Nitrous Tunes OVER 100 Shot.
• Non-Factory Style Crate Motors. (Direct replacement style OK.)
• We do not offer tunes for motor swapped car unless they are the same year and PCM as factory, or PI swap
on 1996-1998 Mustang GT’s with stock injectors and MAF.
• Major Engine Work. (Compression Ratio Changes, Stroking.)
• Non-Gasoline Race Fuels. (Alcohol, Nitro Methane, Rocket Fuel, Moonshine, etc.)
• Centrifugal Superchargers on 1987-2012 Mustangs.
• Non Ford Racing fuel injectors (if you have fuel injectors other than ford racing, please contact us to see if
we can tune for your application.)
• Upgrades that will result in poor drivability. (X-cam, fuel injectors too large etc.)

Leaves me to wonder, what can they tune for? Turning off the egr CEL light or bolt ons that really dont need a tune.

tykempster

Reaction score
I did a budget buildup on my car so perhaps I can offer some input.

First I installed a cold air intake, underdrive pulleys, and easy stuff at first. (knew not much and just bought the stang)

Got a 3 bank chip from Bama, installed it. First impressions were the car had the biggest difference from the stock tune to the first Bama tune. The "performance" option felt like a tiny, tiny amount more power, and I couldn't tell anything between the 87 and 91 octane tune.

Continued doing further mods, gears, exhaust, suspension work, learning about the car more, but not really anything with the engine. This winter I did a HCI swap with GT40P heads, a B Cam, and and a ported GT40P intake. Also installed better headers and 70mm throttle body. After completing the swap the car runs, barely, and not well with the chip in the stock setting. Bama took the specs from my build and made a tune, and the car runs really good. It hasn't been on a dyno and probably isn't making absolutely optimum numbers, but it was a lot cheaper. Overall I'm satisfied for sure and could tell a definite difference with my car in multiple scenarios.

410sn95

Reaction score
This is what they have listedon their website. **NOTE: Programming custom tunes may take 3-4 business days. We recommend ordering other products separately to avoid delay. Some heavily modified cars are not tunable with a mail order tune
Certain modifications must be tuned at your local DYNO tuner. In order to custom tune for these mods,
Unsure if we offer tunes for your modifications? Check the list below. If you still have doubts, please give us a call
at 1-888-226-9764!
Examples:
• Non-Mustang Cars.
• Heads or Cams on 1996 to 2004 Mustangs. (We do offer tunes for 1996-1998 Mustang GT’s with PI heads
• Carbureted Mustangs.
• Non-Stock Forced Induction on 1987-2004 and 2011 and up. (Ford Racing Whipple, Roush , Edelbrock and
• We do not offer tunes for motor swapped car unless they are the same year and PCM as factory, or PI swap
• Non-Gasoline Race Fuels. (Alcohol, Nitro Methane, Rocket Fuel, Moonshine, etc.)
• Non Ford Racing fuel injectors (if you have fuel injectors other than ford racing, please contact us to see if
• Upgrades that will result in poor drivability. (X-cam, fuel injectors too large etc.)

Leaves me to wonder, what can they tune for? Turning off the egr CEL light or bolt ons that really dont need a tune.

So they build custom tunes for stock cars? lol... wow. This cracks me up.

Wichers123

Reaction score
at 1-888-226-9764!
Examples:
• Non-Mustang Cars.
• Carbureted Mustangs.

All they do is load a map off of sct base files and send it to you. My local tuner did that to me and my fuel was wack.

Mustanger

Reaction score
They told me ONLY the Ford Racing alphabet cams minus the X cam were tunable & no AFR heads etc...seemed useless to me

Kboss87

Reaction score
I had some drive-ability issues with my tune from BAMA, even though I went through all of the appropriate procedures to correct them. After my dyno tune, I have zero issues.

I'd recommend saving for a dyno tune.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Guess that is because the specialty is 05+ and not the older cars..

But that is all changing soon. And that list of what Bama cannot tune for, will shrink to basically no restrictions at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lndabrkes01

Members online

No members online now.