Battery cables

Fast Lane

Reaction score
Anyone know of replacement battery cables for the SN95’s?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think they make anything specific for our cars. The auto parts store should have a small selection of various lengths cables but if it has the right ends or fits will be up to you to check. I would estimate the length you need and any local car audio shop will sell wire by the foot that should be better then the stock wires. If you want to save some money and have the time I/we can tell you were to order the wire and then you will have a much bigger selection of what kind of end to put on it as well.

OP
OP
Fast Lane

Fast Lane

Reaction score
I put the replacement ends on the cables but the negative corroded and nearly left me stranded. I thought about replacing both cables with new.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its probably your best bet. Plan on a new battery terminal, a foot or two of wire(if its just the ground) and a ring terminal to ground to the chassis.

Adfalenski

Reaction score
Be careful of aftermarket battery cables. They are usually vinyl clad which bursts into flames if your battery cable shorts to ground. I went to the nearby NAPA store and had custom cables with neoprene instead of vinyl made and they crimped on the connectors I needed. Also, the terminals are of much better quality.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well now I would not say they just burst into flames as long as things are done correctly. It would take the wire shorting out to be improperly fused to do any real damage and at the point the wire is glowing bright orange while it welds itself to the chassis that the carpet, hoses or anything around it suddenly matters if its flame resistant let alone the insulation. With that being said I have seen more then a few cars where there was a solid black line where an unfused power wire to an amp had shorted. Assuming your replacing the ground wire there is no fuse needed as they generally go on the + side of the power wire.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Burst into flames?!?! Now I’ve heard it all!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Burst into flames?!?! Now I’ve heard it all!!! Lol

now be nice you remember what it was like back when we didn't know electrical and could believe something like this told to us by someone we thought knew something? I can remember when I was afraid to be shocked by speaker signal wires and could not rip electrical tape.... I was 15, and that was a few minutes ago but there was a time.

venom

Reaction score
I got welding wire from Amazon along with the tool to cut and crimp. Look for seller Windy Nation get 1/0 gauge wire. The IWiss battery cable lug crimping tool is only $30. They also sell precut lengths with terminals crimped on them. Since I have the battery in the trunk I had to make my own custom length. If you don’t want to buy the crimp tool West Marine has a crimp tool in the wire section that you can use to crimp. West Marine also sells wire and terminals but are a bit more $$$. If it is a small length may be easier to just buy there. I alway look for opportunities to buy a new tool so I went the diy route. If you were by S FL I would crimp one up for you.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a nice big crimper and could make the cables. If you figured how how long they needed to be I could figure out how much it would cost

OP
OP
Fast Lane

Fast Lane

Reaction score
I thank you guys for the offer but I live in Canada! I don't live near by!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online