Battery drain. :(

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Well after removing the radio it seemed better, but its only lasting about 5 days now before it will barely turn over.
Seems my friend Jim [a member on here] is also having similar troubles, just have to wait till its a little warmer then start unplugging everything one at a time.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well after removing the radio it seemed better, but its only lasting about 5 days now before it will barely turn over.
Seems my friend Jim [a member on here] is also having similar troubles, just have to wait till its a little warmer then start unplugging everything one at a time.

Yeah, the best thing you can do in that case is pull the fuses. Take a meter and measure the drain for each circuit until you find the culprit and that can help you narrow it down considerably.

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Well i'm still pulling fuses [also unplugged the courtesy module in the trunk] but can anyone explain why there are 2 fuses listed as covering the radio?
Fuses 8 and 11 ?

2007-03-04_153552_figure_1.gif

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Ok here is the fix for my particular car.
It was the Air Bag Module. So how did I find it?
I got in to start it a few weeks ago and there was that smell of something burning, then nothing but, the air bag light started flashing but not regularly, looking on the net I checked and the module fuse had blown, putting in another, same thing.
So I first inspected the steering wheel and all seemed well, next I went for the module located at the front of the console, pulled it out and it stunk of burning electrics. Found one on e-bay for £40 next day delivery and left the car [as I have my new one] for 2 weeks, and bingo, first time start.
So it seems the problem was that, though i'm sure it wont apply to everyone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online