97 4.6L GT convertible 200a alternator/electrical problems

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't forget you can crimp a ring terminal on any of those wires(as long as they are a smaller wire than what is ran) and put them under the same bolt holding the ground to the core support

OP
OP
S

sauce

Reaction score
So strangely enough, I think I may have a double whammy here, so I did the iac relearn and when I got back I tried out the signals, the left/right separately don’t make that voltage drop, or at least if so it’s so low now you can’t hear or see it normally, but with hazards the voltage still does the same visually and audibly, and since I was in the garage when I told this vid, the light dimming is visible

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
put a voltmeter on the battery and turn on the flashers. I want to see some numbers not a needle so I can tell if it is that bad of a fluctuation.

OP
OP
S

sauce

Reaction score
put a voltmeter on the battery and turn on the flashers. I want to see some numbers not a needle so I can tell if it is that bad of a fluctuation.
I can do that tm or the next day but I gotta go to the shop for that bc I don’t have one at home, I think that cheap iac is showing it’s price bc I went to my gpas for the holiday and when I put it in park the rpm went up to ab 1300-1400, I’m gonna do the relearn for it again tm hopefully it just didn’t learn right and I don’t need a new one

OP
OP
S

sauce

Reaction score
ngl I think that the iac is fucking with things, and I only say that bc after I did the iac is when I noticed my battery gauge being a little more active, then when I put the alternator in it is when I noticed it be WAY more active, the iac keeps sending my rpm’s to 2,000, I had issues with it when i first bought a replacement and now when you don’t the iac relearn procedure it works not flawlessly but the best and whenever you do the iac relearn it’ll send rpm’s high or stall going into a gear and give me the battery light after the stall, then it will literally fire right back up, unless the battery was dead (which I believe it stalls like that bc it runs the rpm’s so low the alternator can’t give out enough to keep the car running, I do not remember if I have stalled out with the higher output alternator) so I think next I’m gonna replace the iac module with a non-$40-amazon part in hopes of not getting a piece of trash in a box labeled as a part

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.