BC Racing Coilovers

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Who has experience with BC racing coilovers?

My 2004 mustang has stock struts/shocks and springs. I plan on using the car for general track duty, haven't decided on a specific event yet so I'm looking for a a decent general suspension setup to get started. I can get BC coilovers for a very reasonable price in Canada. The rep recommended using the standard springs unless I specificly have a favourite spring rate, which at this point I don't.

What will I need besides the coilover kit?
Do they come with useful camber/caster plates?
Maximum motorsports rear mount?

alex302 slow90coupe I think you guys used BC

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the only complaint I've seen is that they're not as good as something like KW that cost significantly more. Most people seem pretty happy with them.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
my dad has them on his s197. They are ok for the money. They are decent for the track, but are more of a street setup. The spring rate will probably be on the mid 200s at the most. Everyone (who races) recommends going with the eibach or hypercoil springs because they are better quality. Their dampening is decent too. My dad is older, and we have his on full stiff and he has no complaints about it. But he complains about mine.

The only thing with them is the rear is not a true coilover. so if you plan on running tubular rear control arms, youll need to invest in a true coilover.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my dad has them on his s197. They are ok for the money. They are decent for the track, but are more of a street setup. The spring rate will probably be on the mid 200s at the most. Everyone (who races) recommends going with the eibach or hypercoil springs because they are better quality. Their dampening is decent too. My dad is older, and we have his on full stiff and he has no complaints about it. But he complains about mine.

The only thing with them is the rear is not a true coilover. so if you plan on running tubular rear control arms, youll need to invest in a true coilover.
Already have rear control arms, many of spring peaches still.
I was under the impression that the sn95 were true coilovers... if they're not that's lame.

Guess I'll go back to the MM shocks/struts plan so I can eventually swap them to coilovers down the road.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Already have rear control arms, many of spring peaches still.
I was under the impression that the sn95 were true coilovers... if they're not that's lame.

Guess I'll go back to the MM shocks/struts plan so I can eventually swap them to coilovers down the road.
Every website I looked at doesn't look like true coilovers. I know for a fact my dad's are not.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Every website I looked at doesn't look like true coilovers. I know for a fact my dad's are not.
Every website I looked at showed true front and back. I hate how they use stock photos and can't show the actual product.

Found a photo from alex and yeah they're not true rears.
Looking at KW and they don't even make a true rear coilover... So only the custom coilovers like MM, steeda, upr and strange are the only true coilover setups?
Guess I'll ask my MM dealer what they'd recommend since MM won't answer my emails. It's just so expensive to get MM up here.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Every website I looked at showed true front and back. I hate how they use stock photos and can't show the actual product.

Found a photo from alex and yeah they're not true rears.
Guess I'll ask my MM dealer what they'd recommend since MM won't answer my emails. It's just so expensive to get MM up here.
There's other options too. Like feal. But I've heard they overheat for time attack. Idk to much about it but a member on the forum works for them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Unless you plan on hard track time they should be fine.

Good quality for the money. I like mine.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Since it's go into be a track car IMO a set of Koni/Bilsteins and MM coilovers would be the best/most reliable option. Koni and Bilstein have lifetime warranties and if needed can be rebuilt relatively easily. And MM always stands behind their parts. Just my 0.02

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That the plan. Going with bilstien race dampers and MM springs for now, then covert to coils down the road.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
[MENTION=17635]Orange 94[/MENTION] MM springs are on the deal of the weekend

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks but I won't save any by the time they get here. Local dealer can get them cheaper.

alex302

Reaction score
i like them a lot and have no issues with them. i DD, autox and drag race my car and they work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online