bent shift fork

max_Man4945

Reaction score
Well it happened to me my transmissions fifth gear was so weird for a while and I finally had my trans guy tear in to it and that's what was wrong with it and who knew there was three different kinds of shift forks for a t45 gold green and blue and I had the blue( long) so I finally tracked one down on the internet and decided it was time to get rid of the sloppy stock shifter and fixing to replace it with one from summit racing any one ever drove one of these I've heard all about the others like mgw and steeda IDC I wanna know about this shifter

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Really doesnt matter what aftermarket shifter one uses as long it has positive stops. The stock shifter over throws in each gear causing alot of leverage on the shift fork. The positive stop prevents this. How about the 3rd/4th shift fork; did you replace it too?

OP
OP
M

max_Man4945

Reaction score
No he said it was fine so I just figured the new shifter had the stop screws so it would prevent another bent shift fork :)

OP
OP
M

max_Man4945

Reaction score
Fifth gear and reverse fork was bent and that's all I needed I don't really think they make a aftermarket one because there are three different kinds of forks long throw normal throw and short throw and I had the long one with a blue stripe which was kinda a pain to find because its discontinued by a lot of websites and of course ford don't make t45 parts any more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online