Best low-profile jack?

Suspect

Reaction score
^I have that one and 2 other jacks all bought from hf. 2 of them ive had for years. All work great.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
If I remember right I seen a low profile aluminum jack for like 200? At lowes might outta give them a look! If not If I "had to have one" I would buy it from Summit Racing or someone who sells quality items and will back their product!

Like ttocs said dont wanna buy a cheap jack that's gonna break and fail and you be under the car working or putting jack stand up or whatever your doing. Your life is priceless so buy something you can trust a quality name and someone who stands behind their products! Be careful bro and good luck!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went inside napa yesterday and they had a few jacks starting out around $200. Imo a jack isn't the time you necessarily want to get the cheapest thing you can find and hope its one of the good ones.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My harbor freight lifts up the f350 with no issues. And it's low pro. I'm the first person to say spend the money on quality tools, but this jack has held up great for me

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have this one and it is awesome.. My car is extremely low and I can reach the K member and pumpkin without driving on blocks.
Very sturdy, quick to pump up, and extremely long.. It will lift the car extremely high as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Arcan-XL2T-Bl...990992&sr=8-2&keywords=low+profile+floor+jack

i was looking at one like that but was concerned with the weight, how is moving it around? is it really about 100 lbs?

Summit has free shipping on orders over $100.

Jegs has free shipping period.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
i was looking at one like that but was concerned with the weight, how is moving it around? is it really about 100 lbs?

I had an aluminum low pro before and I like this one 100x more. It's very stable and can lift the car well beyond what my 6 ton jackstands will go to for clutch changes etc. Only time it would suck is if you were to put it in your trunk.. which I have done. I don't think Its actually 100# but I could be wrong

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Oh, and I next day shipped it from Amazon for $4 lmfao

99GreenStang

Reaction score

Wrong. Jegs has free shipping but they have a "handling fee" that's where they get you. Jegs also has severely high prices on items compared to summit and it's for the same exact items! Wanna find out just how much better summit is then order a Jegs catalog and order a Summit catalog. Look how unorganized the Jegs catalog is. Look how organized the Summit catalog is. Then view the same items in both catalogs and you will see Jegs charges sometimes 20-50 dollars if not more on the same exact items compared to Summit Racing. It's pretty crazy plus Jegs ships with fedex compared to UPS and IMO and experiences UPS is a lot faster and dependable. A ton of reasons to buy from Summit Racing over Jegs for sure.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wrong. Jegs has free shipping but they have a "handling fee" that's where they get you. Jegs also has severely high prices on items compared to summit and it's for the same exact items! Wanna find out just how much better summit is then order a Jegs catalog and order a Summit catalog. Look how unorganized the Jegs catalog is. Look how organized the Summit catalog is. Then view the same items in both catalogs and you will see Jegs charges sometimes 20-50 dollars if not more on the same exact items compared to Summit Racing. It's pretty crazy plus Jegs ships with fedex compared to UPS and IMO and experiences UPS is a lot faster and dependable. A ton of reasons to buy from Summit Racing over Jegs for sure.

wrong? they have no handling fee either, it's free shipping and handling. Also they price match so their listed prices are irrelevant if you can find it cheaper. also UPS blows, i always prefer fed ex.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
wrong? they have no handling fee either, it's free shipping and handling. Also they price match so their listed prices are irrelevant if you can find it cheaper. also UPS blows, i always prefer fed ex.

No it's free shipping not handling that or they call it their "processing" fee don't know haven't dealt with them in a while thankfully! Trust me I've dealt with Jegs before unfortunately. I'm not drinking your kool aid on this one especially from someone who says UPS sucks must be where you live. And price matching doesn't matter , what matters is you shouldn't have too look twice when buying to make sure your not getting robbed of an extra 20-50 bucks for the same item you can get at Summit Racing you should be able to trust the company you are buying from enough to know your getting the best price out there to start with which you get at Summit Racing. If your opinion differs from this (the truth) then I'm sorry you like slow shipping and a crappy company that try's to charge you more for the same items you get for way less other places and has the most unorganized catalog I've ever seen! This argument is irrelevant to the thread so drop it.

Thanks,

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've never used Jegs because Summit is 5 miles from the house. Which kinda sucks too BECAUSE SUMMIT IS ONLY 5 MILES FROM THE HOUSE.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
No it's free shipping not handling that or they call it their "processing" fee don't know haven't dealt with them in a while thankfully! Trust me I've dealt with Jegs before unfortunately. I'm not drinking your kool aid on this one especially from someone who says UPS sucks must be where you live. And price matching doesn't matter , what matters is you shouldn't have too look twice when buying to make sure your not getting robbed of an extra 20-50 bucks for the same item you can get at Summit Racing you should be able to trust the company you are buying from enough to know your getting the best price out there to start with which you get at Summit Racing. If your opinion differs from this (the truth) then I'm sorry you like slow shipping and a crappy company that try's to charge you more for the same items you get for way less other places and has the most unorganized catalog I've ever seen! This argument is irrelevant to the thread so drop it.

Thanks,

you may be a little clueless; it's free shipping and handling. and last time i bought from Summit i had them price match at least 4 parts, their prices aren't always that great. Obviously if you want to shop blind and not check around that's your prerogative.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I've never used Jegs because Summit is 5 miles from the house. Which kinda sucks too BECAUSE SUMMIT IS ONLY 5 MILES FROM THE HOUSE.
I can't imagine how over budget I would be if summit was 5 minutes from my house, LOL. It's bad enough that O'Reilly's is that close to me now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online