Best product to remove a heavy smell from an interior???

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just purchased a 95 V6 and am in the process of bringing it back to life. I won't go into detail at this moment but the car had been sitting for 9 years and I think mice might have got to it. There are no signs of mice living in it anymore, but the smell is still there. When I get the drivetrain settled and done I am going to focus on cosmetic stuff like the smell and some minor issues. I will pull the carpet, seats, and door panels to vacuum it out, along with taking some degreaser to the floors and hosing them down along with the carpets. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good product like an odor bomb that I could use to get rid of the stink once I have it all cleaned out.

Thanks

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
a few boxes of baking soda (open) might help.

the sooner you start, the better.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i'd suggest removing teh rear passenger seat and trunk liner cardboard now, too. that way the odors there can get "absorbed" as well.

i suggest these as tehy are simple to remove. just let us know if you need pointers on getting them out!

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
i'd suggest removing teh rear passenger seat and trunk liner cardboard now, too. that way the odors there can get "absorbed" as well.

i suggest these as tehy are simple to remove. just let us know if you need pointers on getting them out!

Haha I think I should be able to get them out in my sleep by now! I can't even count how many times I have torn down an Interior for different things. Just my "daily" 96 Cobra has probably had the dash, seats, and door panels out 6 or 7 times by now lol. I'm going to gut it all at some point when I get the drivetrain done. I am just buttoning up the last few items on the replacement engine and transmission then I can begin putting those in, then I have to replace the rear brake lines, adjust the hood latch, shorten the antenna, take care of a few little dents, install a transmission cable, put new brakes on it, then I can begin on the interior. BUILD THREAD HERE I COME!!!!

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
hell yea, man! Get 'er done!!!

Sounds like something good to do for tomorrow. I don't think I even have a picture of the car yet let alone the work I have been doing to it. Maybe there will be a video of it running for the first time in 9 years sometime this week!

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
send it to the original owner, they'd be proud :)

Haha, I just want to take pics and send them to him just to rub it in for being such a jerk about some parts he lied to me about. Oh well I can't really complain. Other than the smell and engine issues, It's a really clean car for $850 with some extras.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Try some OxyClean on that *****. Billy Mays knew what he was doing with that shit. Then hit it up with some carpet shampoo and use a carpet cleaner with it and honestly that should take out most of the smell. If it's beyond the works of that, IMO I'd replace it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online