best way(s)

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
which route do you want to go...N/A? nitrous? F/I? any of the ways are possible, 300rwhp isn't very hard with a PI motor.

OP
OP

96 GEETEE

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
which route do you want to go...N/A? nitrous? F/I? any of the ways are possible, 300rwhp isn't very hard with a PI motor.
maybe i should go with nawz i dunno. is there any ways to make 300 with, TB, plenum, CAI, pullies, exhaust, possibly cams, and any other stuff like that

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
96 GEETEE said:
blown97stanger said:
maybe i should go with nawz i dunno. is there any ways to make 300 with, TB, plenum, CAI, pullies, exhaust, possibly cams, and any other stuff like that

i imagine it will take headwork. i'm still a noob to 4.6s myself. only had my car for about a month.

OP
OP

96 GEETEE

Reaction score
Willis_98GT said:
96 GEETEE said:
blown97stanger said:

i imagine it will take headwork. i'm still a noob to 4.6s myself. only had my car for about a month.
im a noob tooo lots to learn about these cars

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I'm no expert either. But I do know that 2v 4.6's do not respond well to most mods without a power adder. I do know that with a little bit of heads, cams, and intake work you should be right around 300. Powerheads sells their stage II PI Swap that is "guaranteed" 110 rwhp using the Romeo heads, cams, and intake along with a valve job, and springs. It is pretty expensive at $2700 but worth it in my opinion instead of wasting time with 5 and 10 HP here and there with the basic boltons.

OP
OP

96 GEETEE

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
I'm no expert either. But I do know that 2v 4.6's do not respond well to most mods without a power adder. I do know that with a little bit of heads, cams, and intake work you should be right around 300. Powerheads sells their stage II PI Swap that is "guaranteed" 110 rwhp using the Romeo heads, cams, and intake along with a valve job, and springs. It is pretty expensive at $2700 but worth it in my opinion instead of wasting time with 5 and 10 HP here and there with the basic boltons.
ill keep that in mind do you have a link were i could buy this. and i just turned 17 so i just wanted to start with the small shit and work my way up,

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you can get over 300 with cams and porting NA with PI heads.

Like 95PGT said, blow it if you already have the headswap done.

HP is relative to the flow of your engine, the better it flows, the more power you get per pound of boost.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
straight from the vortech website...

Vortech V-1 S-Trim Supercharger

The industry standard supercharger

* Straight cut spur gear
* Fits engines up to 680 horsepower
* Maximum airflow: 1,000 CFM *
* Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI *
* Maximum impeller speed: 50,000 RPM
* Adiabatic efficiency: 72% **
* Available with straight or curved discharge and clockwise or counterclockwise rotation

Keep in mind there are a variety of V Versions and S, SQ, T, etc. versions of their superchargers for various displacements, flow rates, etc.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
96 GEETEE said:
Red96GT said:
ill keep that in mind do you have a link were i could buy this. and i just turned 17 so i just wanted to start with the small shit and work my way up,

http://www.powerheads.com/headswap.html

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
96 GEETEE said:
Red96GT said:

http://www.powerheads.com/headswap.html

That's what I've got, with their hot street cams as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.