big changes for my 95 GT, and a couple questions

VulcanGT

Reaction score
hey guys, i just have a few questions. i have an 89 model 302 that im rebuilding. im planning on atleast a .030 over bore with an eagle crank, rods, along with JE flat top pistons. i already have the block, a trickflow track heat intake manifold, hooker unequal length headers, and am about to obtain holley heads and a lunati cam from a holley systemax kit. i may add a power adder in the near future as well. should i just stay with a 306 displacement if im thinking of using a power adder like nitrous, or can i go ahead with a 3.25 stroke and build a 331? this car will be driven quite a lot, and i need it to be dependable. im looking to get somewhere around 375-400 hp from this motor. am i on the right track? help me out please

ryclef331

Reaction score
You're more than on the right way.

It has been debated on here TIME and Time again as to whether its worth putting forged internals inside of a stock block. The general consensus is NO! I would say just pick up a nice set of forged pistons (.030 over) and recondition the stock rods and retain the stock crank! Slap on the power adder of your choice with head top end you've already mentioned. You'll reach your HP goal.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
My 306 has completely forged internals. rods pistons and crank... if I did it over I'd just got with forged rods and pistons.... the block will break way before that cast crank...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sn951992

Members online