Blowers on stock bottom ends

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
if you ask me those are awesome #'s...you do know hes doing that through untouched non PI heads right?? Non intercooled as well.

OOHHH no intercooler, thats a little better.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah he only has full bolt ons, PI intake swap, blower with supporting mods, mild blower cams...thats it i think

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of factors involved in any engine combination.

Good information. :)

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
yeah he only has full bolt ons, PI intake swap, blower with supporting mods, mild blower cams...thats it i think

only? :dunno:

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
okay its more than "only", but how much more can the guy go before he max's out his motor??? seriously....385 through untouched non pi heads deserves some props.

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
okay its more than "only", but how much more can the guy go before he max's out his motor??? seriously....385 through untouched non pi heads deserves some props.

so is it PI or non PI? you've mentioned both in different posts. I admittedly don't know much about non-pi headed GT's besides they are pretty slow stock. I guess i was just surprised to hear that that is normal for those cars. All i have really to compare to is v6 stuff because thats where most of my knowledge comes from. Sorry if it looks like im busting balls.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
haha, i guess if you were to ask me stuff about a v6 i would be the same way....He has a PI INTAKE, but NON PI HEADS...and yes you are right, non pi heads are pretty poor compared to PI Heads, which just further shows that his 385rwhp is pretty damn good! btw you have a sick car teal beast

OP
OP
A

Adam

Reaction score
Once you switch out the NPI intake to a PI, and get rid of the anemic NPI cams, your really close to being on equal playing field with a PI set up. And if he has blower cams that are specific for his application, then you have exceeded the PI set up. Stock internals, non-intercooled, 13-14psi?.....engine builders call that job security. Thats a lot of stress for not alot of power. But hey, he thinks its cool so more power to him. :)

S

scarface

just to clarify,385 at 14 psi would be sucky, however, I was at 8 psi when I made those numbers....and its really good for a crap engine.

Steen racing has told me a hundred times to switch to a PI engine and I would see 500 WHP easily.

I am at the higher boost levels now and have meth injection...I just dont have any numbers on this setup.

Anyone who knows anything about nonpi engines will say my HP is high for the engine....THere is a HUGE difference between the nonpi and pi heads, especially when boosted...

Sorry If I thought your post out of the blue telling us "we are doomed" was comical. I was wrong to mock you, and I apologize.

I will Challenge you Adam to find a non pi headed car with no spray with over 400HP...if not for any other reason to ask them how they did it :)

Hope this clears things up and makes me look a little less like a prick.

-David

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
scarface said:
just to clarify,385 at 14 psi would be sucky, however, I was at 8 psi when I made those numbers....and its really good for a crap engine.

Steen racing has told me a hundred times to switch to a PI engine and I would see 500 WHP easily.

I am at the higher boost levels now and have meth injection...I just dont have any numbers on this setup.

Anyone who knows anything about nonpi engines will say my HP is high for the engine....THere is a HUGE difference between the nonpi and pi heads, especially when boosted...

Sorry If I thought your post out of the blue telling us "we are doomed" was comical. I was wrong to mock you, and I apologize.

I will Challenge you Adam to find a non pi headed car with no spray with over 400HP...if not for any other reason to ask them how they did it :)

Hope this clears things up and makes me look a little less like a prick.

-David

This certainly clears up things for me, 8psi with a Non -pi headed GT making 385 isnt bad at all. expecually non intercooled. When i first read the sig i go "14psi turbo setup on a cammed bolt on v8 makes less power then my stock longblock v6 @15psi? ooowwwchh" but no intercooler is owning you hard, and obviously 8psi vs 14 is a big diffrence.

nice setup

S

scarface

ITs a tiny lil supercharger too...:) I am not sure if I am going to intercool it or not...We will see how the tune goes with the MEth injection.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Naw Scarface - your car sucks!

:hammer:

You guys were getting grumpy in here.

that does make more sense. Do you have a base HP number? we could run it through the calculator?

PS. DoNt SeLL It!!!!

S

scarface

Dalamar said:
Naw Scarface - your car sucks!

:hammer:

You guys were getting grumpy in here.

that does make more sense. Do you have a base HP number? we could run it through the calculator?

PS. DoNt SeLL It!!!!

BAse as in Stock numbers? I dont know what the stock numbers were?

YEs it was getting tence in here!

Oh, and it will be a while before I sell.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scarface said:

Good thing! I'd have to send Vinnie to break your kneecaps off!

So what R you gonna do?
I'd say, paint it.
Detail it.
PI headswap.
Hell-ya it until something breaks.
then put in a motor like Tad's
and your done. that's it. :banana:

S

scarface

Dalamar said:
scarface said:

Good thing! I'd have to send Vinnie to break your kneecaps off!

So what R you gonna do?
I'd say, paint it.
Detail it.
PI headswap.
Hell-ya it until something breaks.
then put in a motor like Tad's
and your done. that's it. :banana:
sounds good to me :)

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
dont worry i had your back scarface O0 ...385 doesn't seem like a lot with the mods you have, but when you personally try to hit 400rwhp through a non pi motor you understand lol

S

scarface

blown97stanger said:
dont worry i had your back scarface O0 ...385 doesn't seem like a lot with the mods you have, but when you personally try to hit 400rwhp through a non pi motor you understand lol
lol...I instigated it. I was a dick to adam.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah