Blowers on stock bottom ends

OP
OP
A

Adam

Reaction score
scarface said:
just to clarify,385 at 14 psi would be sucky, however, I was at 8 psi when I made those numbers....and its really good for a crap engine.

Steen racing has told me a hundred times to switch to a PI engine and I would see 500 WHP easily.

I am at the higher boost levels now and have meth injection...I just dont have any numbers on this setup.

Anyone who knows anything about nonpi engines will say my HP is high for the engine....THere is a HUGE difference between the nonpi and pi heads, especially when boosted...

Sorry If I thought your post out of the blue telling us "we are doomed" was comical. I was wrong to mock you, and I apologize.

I will Challenge you Adam to find a non pi headed car with no spray with over 400HP...if not for any other reason to ask them how they did it :)

Hope this clears things up and makes me look a little less like a prick.

-David

385 at 8psi is a completly different story....yes those are good numbers at 8psi. Apology accepted, your just a small prick now..... :rollinglaugh: A NPI headed car with over 400hp with no spray? I can name a NPI headed car with 400hp thats naturally aspirated...as in no blower.

Adam ;)

S

scarface

Adam said:
scarface said:
just to clarify,385 at 14 psi would be sucky, however, I was at 8 psi when I made those numbers....and its really good for a crap engine.

Steen racing has told me a hundred times to switch to a PI engine and I would see 500 WHP easily.

I am at the higher boost levels now and have meth injection...I just dont have any numbers on this setup.

Anyone who knows anything about nonpi engines will say my HP is high for the engine....THere is a HUGE difference between the nonpi and pi heads, especially when boosted...

Sorry If I thought your post out of the blue telling us "we are doomed" was comical. I was wrong to mock you, and I apologize.

I will Challenge you Adam to find a non pi headed car with no spray with over 400HP...if not for any other reason to ask them how they did it :)

Hope this clears things up and makes me look a little less like a prick.

-David

385 at 8psi is a completly different story....yes those are good numbers at 8psi. Apology accepted, your just a small prick now..... :rollinglaugh: A NPI headed car with over 400hp with no spray? I can name a NPI headed car with 400hp thats naturally aspirated...as in no blower.

Adam ;)
lol...can you show the 400 hp Na car please? Im very interested in seeing that! maybe I should have specified UNTOUCHED non pi heads...lol

S

scarface

man, wonder what my car would do with a set of ported Non pi's???

OP
OP
A

Adam

Reaction score
scarface said:
man, wonder what my car would do with a set of ported Non pi's???

I know where there is a set you can have, off of a 98, which are supposed to be the best of the NPI flavors.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Of all the little arguing going on in the thread, I like all the relatively credible information.

Adam, do you work at modular misfits?

Stangbangin

Reaction score
Adam said:
I just wanted to post this for information purposes. A stock bottom end is designed to handle about 1000psi of cylinder pressure. Lets say your blower car makes 400rwhp, that number is more like 440-60 crank hp, that number is actually more like 500crank hp, due to the heat and friction it takes to operate the blower. This is power you never see on a dyno or anywhere else, but it is a reality of running a blower. Now a blower car produces 2.65psi of cylinder pressure per hp produced. Now take the 500hp x 2.65psi and that equals 1325psi of cylinder pressure on an engine that was designed to handle no more than 1000psi. It is a mathmatical certainty than no tune or no amount of safe tuning will reduce the amount of pressure that cylinder sees. You are exceeding the capabilities of the metallurigic make up of the stock components. I am not trying to scare anyone, just stating fact. Moral of the story, your running on borrowed time. I hope this helps some of you. :)

Adam

I think that if you drive your car hard you are driving on borrowed time regardless you know. so I say boost it until it blows and build it stronger when it does. becuz yea the stock bottom ends suck but if it works now why not? but your very correct and good information for people not thinking of the stresses a blower will add to the motor.

ripper

Reaction score
Ok i wanna bring this thread back so Adam can call scarface a prick again. :D

j/k The different opinions is what makes forums good or bad. If you dont agree with what someone says and you dont say somthing you are not contributing to the forum. I didnt see anything sarcastic or prickly 9lol0 about this thread at all it was good info. This happens to be a big subject and talked about regularly.

Well with that said im gonna go drive my stang around i dont have much time left ;) :bunny3: :banana: :blah2:

tooslow

Reaction score
scarface, this is probably very inaccurate, but you can re-arange the calculater to give an esimate for your set-up now. at 8psi you made 385 right? based on 14psi n/a pressure, you had 22 total psi (n/a + boost) when you made 385. thats 17.5hp per psi. now figure in your bost now, 14psi would be 28 total psi of pressure at 17.5hp per psi = 490hp.

there is a lot of room for error in that though.

S

scarface

doesnt matter at this point...I am a prick and I sold the car and bought a new edge cobra :)

S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
now you are a Cobra prick...off to SVTperformance for you :gtfo:
:'( :'( Im not an cobra prick, you have more HP than my cobra does...lol :hammer:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We still like you, but the guy in your avitar seems kinda pissed you sold your car too!

Don't you pick up the edger today?!

S

scarface

Dalamar said:
We still like you, but the guy in your avitar seems kinda pissed you sold your car too!

Don't you pick up the edger today?!
It is mine now..Paid for and Titled. However it is still in the shop getting a new clutch right now. THey didnt finish today like they were supposed to, so it will be ready on monday.

OP
OP
A

Adam

Reaction score
scarface said:
doesnt matter at this point...I am a prick and I sold the car and bought a new edge cobra :)

LMAO...I sold mine too..but no new car..yet. Yes my business partner and I run Modularmisfits.com.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001