Boost Gauges

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Plan on running a Vortech V3 when I save up enough $$. Question I got is I'm trying to keep a sleeperish look to the car since the V3 is quiet, so where should I put the boost gauge in the clock pod? Or maybe those things that attatch to the steering wheel might look cleaner idk. Any pics are welcome

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only part of that bezel that I don't like isn't showing on that pic. I am pretty sure there is an additional screw beside the headlight switch that just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. The clock pod imo sticks up so far it looks like part of mickeys ear got cut off in yer dash. If you want a sleeper look then if your not using both din locations of the radio I would put it there.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
the only part of that bezel that I don't like isn't showing on that pic. I am pretty sure there is an additional screw beside the headlight switch that just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. The clock pod imo sticks up so far it looks like part of mickeys ear got cut off in yer dash. If you want a sleeper look then if your not using both din locations of the radio I would put it there.
Yeah i know what yer talking about, saw other people write it. I could always paint the screw black or plastidip it. The clock pod now that I've looked at a lot of pictures looks weird to me. Your talking about the empty cubby hole right? How hard is it to get the gauges wired up?

TanTop94

Reaction score
Din location would be a nice sleeper set up. Ill keep my eyes open for any setups for you, there seems to be alot of FI setups for sale in my area.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I'd go for electric, I believe they read better. Hopefully someone with more gauge experience has something to say though.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, they ain't cheap though haha, (the electronic gauges) but I guess like other things if your gonna do it, gotta do it right the first time! I'm most likely 99.9% ordering gears next Saturday so this'll help with the Vortech :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would go electronic myself, or did actually. Another option to keep it clean and easy is to check out PLX designs multi gauge. I have 3 of them, Dm200 and two of the touch-screen versions myself and they are nice because I can hook 32 different sensor modules to the 3 displays to show what ever I want. Custom designs are available and you can make your own.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I would go electronic myself, or did actually. Another option to keep it clean and easy is to check out PLX designs multi gauge. I have 3 of them, Dm200 and two of the touch-screen versions myself and they are nice because I can hook 32 different sensor modules to the 3 displays to show what ever I want. Custom designs are available and you can make your own.
Hmm thats also a good idea. What about the 3 gauge radio bezel I posted? Use one black face electronic boost gauge and cover up the other two holes?

TanTop94

Reaction score
I think my friend had...glow face gauges? They seem to work well and are electric. I don't think he paid too much for them either. What ratio are you getting? 373? My next big purchase is to have my rear end rebuilt with new gears. It turns out to be sorta expensive. Haha.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmm thats also a good idea. What about the 3 gauge radio bezel I posted? Use one black face electronic boost gauge and cover up the other two holes?

You can if you want or fill the other two so you can see 3 at once. They have the option to show 4 different sensors on the screen at one time and you can set up upper/lower limits so that if it goes over/under those limits while you are not watching it, it will alarm to let you know. You will probably want a temp sensor, maybe an intake temp sensor just for fun, they have a bunch of different types and once you have the display set up its just a matter of wiring the sensor and plugging in the cables.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I think my friend had...glow face gauges? They seem to work well and are electric. I don't think he paid too much for them either. What ratio are you getting? 373? My next big purchase is to have my rear end rebuilt with new gears. It turns out to be sorta expensive. Haha.
3.73s! It'll be enough gear to wake this piggy up and really pull like it should lol, i can't imagine how its gonna be with the vortech haha
Glow shift not face lol:) I just woke up:D
Lmao ive been up since 6am the damn ac isn't working in my house and its like 90 degrees out fawkk
You can if you want or fill the other two so you can see 3 at once. They have the option to show 4 different sensors on the screen at one time and you can set up upper/lower limits so that if it goes over/under those limits while you are not watching it, it will alarm to let you know. You will probably want a temp sensor, maybe an intake temp sensor just for fun, they have a bunch of different types and once you have the display set up its just a matter of wiring the sensor and plugging in the cables.
3 would be cool, but might not flow with the sleeper effect I'm going for. I think with one black face electronic boost gauge you won't really notice it unless it's lit up at night. Just need to see what I'll do about the other two holes lol. This boost gauge I'm looking at is in the link below, has programmable warnings and other stuff. Thanks for ya help ttocs I'll be bringing this up again when its time to get the blower

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it ain't cheap lmao. Going to seaside monday to thursday this week. I'll drop by my mechanic saturday and tell him I wanna do 3.73s, what else will I need and what it'll cost. Might get a rebuild kit too or this whole thing frim LMR
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-4209FRB-K/Mustang-88-373-Ratio-Rear-End-Gear-Kit

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you wanted a really smooth sleeper look I would cut a piece of smoked plexi to cover the hole, and mount the gauge behind it. This way it just looks like a black panel until it lights up. Plenty of room back there really would not be too hard too do...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online