Brake caliper bad?

Cochise

Reaction score
I have a track event this weekend and in preparation I installed new pads up front. I went for a test drive, just a couple miles on some back roads. I have not done the bed in process yet.

I noticed the passenger front smelled like it had been under heavy braking, which it had not been. I checked the temps and the driver-side front got up to barely 110 deg F, where as the passenger-side got up to 450 deg F.

A buddy of mine told me the caliper is bad. I picked one up last night and am gonna install tonight.

How does this happen? They are stock calipers, the rotors are PowerStop and I have a back up set from Auto Zone.

I'm thinking about getting the Cobra R fronts in the near future after I order my grip box from MM.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Cobra R fronts in the near future after I order my grip box from MM.

Good luck finding those. I'd love a set too.

I have a pair of Cadillac ATS Brembos with the SN95 install kit, but I dont think I'm going to install them.

07GtS197

Reaction score
These stupid calipers do that all the time and in my experience it’s always the passenger front. Replace it and be very careful when compressing the caliper pistons. But yeah that’s a good idea, replace them with a better design.

C1skout

Reaction score
I'd double check that the new pads can slide freely before replacing the caliper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online