BRAKE PADS

BLUMUSTANG98

Reaction score
i am needing to buy new brake pads, any recommendations? :dunno: I was gonna go with Motorcraft, someone recommended Wagner and Hawk , This is my daily driver so i am dont need anything for performance, just a good set of brake pads, let me know your thoughts....

Downshift

Reaction score
BLUMUSTANG98 said:
i am needing to buy new brake pads, any recommendations? :dunno: I was gonna go with Motorcraft, someone recommended Wagner and Hawk , This is my daily driver so i am dont need anything for performance, just a good set of brake pads, let me know your thoughts....
Autozone has lifetime pads for a decent price. Usually not more then 35 bucks. Use em up and take em back and you get a brand new set for free.

riored96gt

Reaction score
Yup, Autozone... Pep Boys used to do this but stopped. I haven't bought pads for my Truck since 1997!

Get the good semi-metallics (Duralast brand) and just replace (Swap) them every year.

drifts14x

Reaction score
Bendix from Advance or Wagner Thermoquiet, I've used both and liked them. The Bendix are what I use on my car everyday.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I use Lifetime pads, but only on car's I'm gonna keep forever, or at least a really long time.

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
Ive heard Hawk has some pretty good pads, I have always used stock ones but if I ever go aftermarket I would go Hawk.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
ive used hawk pads on both the stock calipers and the wilwood calipers, and they work great. they dont give off as much dust as the other brands ive seen (the stuff they sell at autozone) so thats a plus since it doesnt get as dirty between washes.

FordMustang98

Reaction score
A lot of guys here in the local sports car club who autocross swear by Hawk HP+. They are real aggressive without being unstreet-worthy. If you want something that is more for just daily driving and not for occasional track days, go with Hawk HPS.

Mesarina

Reaction score
reivaxtorres said:
ive used hawk pads on both the stock calipers and the wilwood calipers, and they work great. they dont give off as much dust as the other brands ive seen (the stuff they sell at autozone) so thats a plus since it doesnt get as dirty between washes.

i got hawk hps plus pads and they dust a lot, don't know is just pads affects how they dust, next time im going to try ebc green stuff..

DSC03428.jpg

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
Mesarina said:
reivaxtorres said:

i got hawk hps plus pads and they dust a lot, don't know is just pads affects how they dust, next time im going to try ebc green stuff..

DSC03428.jpg

thats how mine get after about 3-4 weeks of not washing the car, usually they stay pretty clean.

97GT4.6

Reaction score
drifts14x said:
Bendix from Advance or Wagner Thermoquiet, I've used both and liked them. The Bendix are what I use on my car everyday.

Bendix brakes FTW!

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I went from Hawk HP+ to EBC Yellow stuff. The Yellow stuff is the shit! Made with Kevlar.... who would have known!

mich_666

Reaction score
in case u were thinkin raybestos.... theyre kinda noisy....

98COBRA_MIKE

Reaction score
i work at atuozone and i have used the duralast<---ehh ok the duralast gold <---decent and the Carbon metallic pads<--- they are the shit! low dust, good braking feel, and they dont get all mushy feeling after they get hot!

drifts14x

Reaction score
97GT4.6 said:
drifts14x said:

Bendix brakes FTW!

+1, either those or EBC Green Stuff (Low Dust), EBC Yellow Stuff (If you drive it hard), EBC Red Stuff (Track only)

mich_666

Reaction score
i dont run brakes on my car... :dancing6:
gotta love the caliper delete kits :hammer:

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
98COBRA_MIKE said:
i work at atuozone and i have used the duralast<---ehh ok the duralast gold <---decent and the Carbon metallic pads<--- they are the shit! low dust, good braking feel, and they dont get all mushy feeling after they get hot!

+1. Great feel, low dust, saved my ass a few times.

And when their gone take em back and get a new set.

i drive like 5 miles out of my way to go to a good Autozone, the one around the corner from me is run my hispanic(I am Puerto Rican so I am not being racist) people and they don't know shit, and hate to help you out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online