Buch of new products tested...Washed Car

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
11,861
Reaction score
58
Location
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
products.jpg


Well I bought most of this stuff earlier today besides the quickshine, stoner glass cleaner, and air freshner stuff.

#1 Meguires Gold Class car wash 5/5
Anyways I cant belive how AWESOME it is, I added 3 cap fulls and it was almost TOO foamy, super slick too, the bucket staied foamy the entire time I was amazed, totally worth the extra few bucks over the other stuff out there I have tried Turtlewax, Eagle1, Simoniz, The pink cheaper meguires, none even COMPARE. If you havent tried this stuff giver a shot it kicks ass. :pimp: :thumb: Here are some pics of it:

goldclass.jpg

goldclass2.jpg

(bucket you see there WAS the rinse bucket, the blue is the wash, you can see how potent and foamy this stuff is just by that)

#2 Eagle 1 Nano-Wax...spray version. 2.5/5
I thought it was a wax-as-u-dry but found out you simply spray it on after you wash/dry your car. Anyways its cool because it shines up the plastic moulding and protects it and buffs out of glass (overspray)...BUT I honestly couldnt tell a visual diffrence after applying it, the car did feel smoother and seems to repel water really good but thats about it. Deff not getting it again...just because I am NOT too lazy to use proper waxes, I thought this would just be good to bring out the shine/depth between waxes and after washes...which it did not.
...BUT If you are lazy im sure its great stuff for protecting the paint interms of how easy it is. :dunno:

#3 Meguires Hot-Rims (wheel cleaner) 4/5
It works good, I usually just use soap&water and wash my wheels but I just sprayed them then hosed like instructions, worked pretty damn good, not quite as good as soap, water and a mitt but it did clean the back of the wheel's and hard to get spots very well...BUT it did leave runmarks/streaks on my rotors...not bad stuff Ill use it like every 2nd or 3rd wash prob when the wheels get dirty.

#4 Mothers Chrome Polish 4.5/5
Awesome stuff for sure. Its fairly liquidy and goes on super easy, you rub it on then let it haze (go on to next wheel, then come back) but what really got me is how easy it came off...friggin amazing, NO effort what-so-ever just one wipe and its completly off doesnt leave black residue either...so sweet! Seems to protect/shine well but I have never used a chome specific polish before, I have used aluminum mag and chrome polish which is a mess. Deff like it and will use it again! :pimp2: :thumb:
washed.jpg


[size=12pt]#5 Meguires Hotshine (Tire Spray) 5/5 (aresol)
I love this stuff IN ARESOL FORM...but...I was almost out of the aresol can and saw the bottle there which had quite a bit more in it for cheaper then the can does. So what the hell, I got it. I hate it, it works great but the sprayer sucks ass :nonono:, it says you can adjust the width which I did but the spraying is so un-even and crappy when you do that. Gonna retrun it for the aresol can version, and stick to it for sure its awesome, and I have tried lots of tire-shines. The main reason I love it so much is the adjustable size sprayer, I dont get any residue on my car or wheels. :thumb:
washed2.jpg

(this has a thin coat of the best smelling stuff ever, the hotshine tire spray aresol version. it lasts for ever it seems and does NOT fly off at all!)



Also if you guys hate cleaning glass that Stoners Invisible Glass with a Glass Microfibre works awesome! Doesnt leave any greasy streaks. :thumb:


Anyways if you guys find this intresting ill continue to do this when I try new products. :dancing6:
 

MeanGrn Gt

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
3,094
Reaction score
0
have you had a chance to try the quickshine? i like it a lot it does a pretty good job i think but i havent tried any other qd to compare it too. i might have to pick me up some of that hotshine. i dont use any tire shines currently but i have heard lots of good things about it.
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
if you can get SprayWay glass cleaner it beats the stoner Invisible Glass stuff hands down and cost about half as much ;) looks like some very good soap, real uhhhh soapy :) i dont like the spray on waxes either... they seem kinda weak. simple green by the gallon is less expensive than the wheel cleaner and mixed fairly strong (about 3 parts water to 1 part SG) will give the same results. of course, you might want to stay with the hand washing on the wheels... its worth it to know they are "clean". and you know how i feel about metal polish, once you get your hands on some Flitz you throw everything else away ;D
 

MeanGrn Gt

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
3,094
Reaction score
0
I have never used a tire shine before but i have known people who have and after a short amount of driving the dust sticks to the tires and they look even worse. Is this true with meg hotshine? If so ill just stick to cleaning them.
 

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
11,861
Reaction score
58
Location
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
MeanGrn Gt said:
have you had a chance to try the quickshine? i like it a lot it does a pretty good job i think but i havent tried any other qd to compare it too. i might have to pick me up some of that hotshine. i dont use any tire shines currently but i have heard lots of good things about it.

Yes im 1/2 way thru my bottle.

ALITL8 said:
if you can get SprayWay glass cleaner it beats the stoner Invisible Glass stuff hands down and cost about half as much ;) looks like some very good soap, real uhhhh soapy :) i dont like the spray on waxes either... they seem kinda weak. simple green by the gallon is less expensive than the wheel cleaner and mixed fairly strong (about 3 parts water to 1 part SG) will give the same results. of course, you might want to stay with the hand washing on the wheels... its worth it to know they are "clean". and you know how i feel about metal polish, once you get your hands on some Flitz you throw everything else away ;D

Where can I get this sprayway? Also for the $4.95 this mothers was and local its deff nice. So easy to remove it after applying it, it comes off as easy as rubbing your finger across dust (no joke).

MeanGrn Gt said:
I have never used a tire shine before but i have known people who have and after a short amount of driving the dust sticks to the tires and they look even worse. Is this true with meg hotshine? If so ill just stick to cleaning them.
No this stuff kicks ass you will love it. I dont notice anything sticking to them at all. It doesnt fly off. Make sure you get the stuff in the Aresol can!
 

MeanGrn Gt

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
3,094
Reaction score
0
ill have to give it a try and ill make sure to get the aerosol can. Ill have to try it on my new 255/45/17 bfgoodrich g/force t/a kdw's that were delivered today. just got to get them mounted first!
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
Great report Matt. I love practical feedback.

You've convinced me to try that tire shine, once my dupont stuff is gone.

I gotta try that soap too. :thumb:
 

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
11,861
Reaction score
58
Location
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
wytstang said:

Yeah I've wanted to get that. Use that inbetween waxing, once you DRY you car after washing it? just apply all over quick thin layer with a microfibre (or can you spray on a wet car then dry it)? Then use a quick detailer when your car gets dity inbetween washes? Thats what I was hoping out of this eagle1 but it isnt that good it works but it doesnt inrich the shine or look at all...I didnt feel like ordering online but next order might have to give that stuff a shot?

Dalamar said:
Great report Matt. I love practical feedback.

You've convinced me to try that tire shine, once my dupont stuff is gone.

I gotta try that soap too. :thumb:

Yeah man you will love'em both and can pick them easily up locally make sure you get the shine in the black can.
 

94gtstang50

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
2,044
Reaction score
0
I use megs nxt wash and the gold class wash as well. Works great, you try the turtle wax ice or megs nxt yet? Thats what I use and I get "great wax job" from all the shops I deliver parts to from all the guys there. Dupont teflon stuff works real good too, very shiny and slippery.
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
great report!!!!! is good for people like me that dont know much about cleaning, im going to use some of that stuff :thumb:
 

wytstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,233
Reaction score
1
Matt94GT said:
Yeah I've wanted to get that. Use that inbetween waxing, once you DRY you car after washing it? just apply all over quick thin layer with a microfibre (or can you spray on a wet car then dry it)? Then use a quick detailer when your car gets dity inbetween washes? Thats what I was hoping out of this eagle1 but it isnt that good it works but it doesnt inrich the shine or look at all...I didnt feel like ordering online but next order might have to give that stuff a shot?
You use it after a wash and dry.....
 

MeanGrn Gt

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
3,094
Reaction score
0
well i got the meg hot shine and have been using it. its great!!! nice deep shine and it doesnt sling or collect any dust even on the gravel roads. makes my new tires look awesome :banana:
 

Downshift

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
1,957
Reaction score
0
Hey matt great post. Ill have to try some of that stuff. Have you ever tried black magic soap before? Just wondering because I used some from a friend and it was really foamy like the one you used just wondering if you have tried it?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
75,004
Messages
1,454,373
Members
13,631
Latest member
ninman8

Members online

No members online now.
Top