Bugs UpFront

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
bug sponges, soap and elbow grease. if that doesnt do it, try a clay bar, compound, polish and wax. if that doesnt work, color sand, compound, polish and wax by a professional.

and if that doesnt work, PAINT... thats where my front bumper is after 160K+ miles :'( i have bug, bird, rock and misc chips/stains on our front bumper. i also have paint thats flacking off in places... Ford did not do a very good job painting "this" car. if i wasnt a detailer it wouldnt look half as good as it does :pimp2:
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
Matt94GT said:
if you have a good coat of wax on I find the bugs just slide right off with even soap & water.

thats the key... keep a good wax on the car and keep it clean! not letting them stay on very long, especially in the heat, makes a difference in how easily they come off too :thumb:
 

thorco3

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2006
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
8
Location
IN
my car's the same way alitl8. hopefully about this time next year I'll have enough money saved up to just get the entire car professionally repainted
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
thorco3 said:
my car's the same way alitl8. hopefully about this time next year I'll have enough money saved up to just get the entire car professionally repainted

yea im thinking it'll be next year before i do the paint. ive got a few more things i want to do to the car before i get it painted. i dont want some mechanic feeling bad about messing up my fresh paint ;)
 

SonicStang

Active Member
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
692
Reaction score
0
Remove them immediately. I didn't do that now the clearcoat is coming off where the bugs hit, bumper looks ugly now. :(
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
anyone used that PB bugsquash, ordered some of that.

If I hit a bunch on a long trip or whatever, I like to goto the spray carwash,
presoak, and pressure rinse the buggs off.
then go home and wash by hand.

the longer u wait harder the guts get, as mentioned.

My truck's clear bra'd, so no chips!!! I like that.
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
Man, I've been using the PB's bugsquash and Daym, it works great.
takes bug's off easy, even if dryed.
easiest removal of the stuff I've tried.

My neighbor's car has a bunch of tar drops all over hes cherokee, been ther for a while,
it took some whiping, but it desolved that off too.

I'm impressed with that stuff, and recommend it !
 

thorco3

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2006
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
8
Location
IN
Dalamar said:
Man, I've been using the PB's bugsquash and Daym, it works great.
takes bug's off easy, even if dryed.
easiest removal of the stuff I've tried.

My neighbor's car has a bunch of tar drops all over hes cherokee, been ther for a while,
it took some whiping, but it desolved that off too.

I'm impressed with that stuff, and recommend it !

sounds good, be sure to put a good coat of wax on after using that stuff though, cause i'm sure it took that off with the bugs as well.

i usually just take quick detail and a micro fiber towel to my front bumper every so often, with it being summer it doesn't take long to pick up a few buggers. Like stated above my bumper needs to be repainted anyways though
 

Slow98GT

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
893
Reaction score
0
ALITL8 said:
bug sponges, soap and elbow grease. if that doesnt do it, try a clay bar, compound, polish and wax. if that doesnt work, color sand, compound, polish and wax by a professional.

and if that doesnt work, PAINT... thats where my front bumper is after 160K+ miles :'( i have bug, bird, rock and misc chips/stains on our front bumper. i also have paint thats flacking off in places... Ford did not do a very good job painting "this" car. if i wasnt a detailer it wouldnt look half as good as it does :pimp2:

and if that doesn't work then C-4 always does wonders for bugs on the bumper of course then you don't really have much of a car
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
74,904
Messages
1,452,854
Members
13,580
Latest member
dpl255

Members online

No members online now.
Top