For Sale Built 1997 Thunderbird lx

FrankenStang

Reaction score
im trying to pass off this car I no longer want, ille copy and paste my add from craigslist to save some time but its all still the same.
the price is 2000 firm ONLY ! and it must be picked up from me here in ironwood Michigan,its worth the trip if you have to journey.
Im looking to sell or trade my built Thunderbird,2000$ I have way more than that in this,ille list some prices.i have about 6000 into this car.414-429-6312
the car has:
1997 thunderbird LX , 1500$
Pi heads and PI cams, running 10:1 compression 750$ after rebuild
superchips tuner 250$
edelbrock vic jr intake manifold 350$
high flow oilpump 100$
70mm throttlebody and ported plenum 200$
2.5in dual exhaust with no cats and flowmaster 40series mufflers 500$
73mm calibrated mafs with new style skinnybody 24lb injectors 300$
b&m shiftkit and new valvebody 300$
383 gears in the rear end and a rebuild kit 300$
xenon bodykit, thing is indestructible 1200$
Lots of new parts like alternator,new valves and valve seals when the heads were done.New timing chains timing guides and every gasket from headgaskets on up are new,the trans and rear end was rebuilt when the gears were put in and the trans has a new valvebody not just a shiftkit..

only problems are: clearcote fade on the hood , speedo is 10 off when ur doing 55+ because of the gears .and its a 1997 so there are minor scratches here and there and maby a litttle ding or two.The bodykit was installed because the car was getting the typical mn12 rear rocker rot.
again call text or email 414-429-6312..in trade im looking for another sports car or a truck,im looking to trade my car for something that's really clean.I have a lot into my car mechanically just not looks, if you know anything about bodys wich I don't you can make this one awesome car.Trade value is higher considering all my car has.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
everything on this car eng and trans wise is a direct swap into a mustang if you are unfamiliar with these cars, it also has the same independent rear end as a cobra so that's a big plus.

joekd

Reaction score
What were your final 1/4 mile times after getting the tuner in?

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
everything on this car eng and trans wise is a direct swap into a mustang if you are unfamiliar with these cars, it also has the same independent rear end as a cobra so that's a big plus.

Well its not exactly like a Cobra, I am pretty sure the thunderbirds had 7.5 diffs instead of 8.8s, but car looks good! Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
Well its not exactly like a Cobra, I am pretty sure the thunderbirds had 7.5 diffs instead of 8.8s, but car looks good! Good luck with the sale.

no,its an 8.8 independent with 383 gears..Tbirds and cougars come stock with the 8.8..my final 1/4 mile time after the tuner was 14.69

Nightmare

Reaction score
3.83 gears? In a ford?

Well none the less, good luck with the sale....You are asking a little too much than my brother in law can afford though.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
3.83 gears? In a ford?

Well none the less, good luck with the sale....You are asking a little too much than my brother in law can afford though.

well, see how close he can come to it, if hes willing to make the journey for it im willing to flex on the price..i just moved and I could use the cash for a truck for winters up here or some cash towards a deck for my house..

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=17169]FrankenStang[/MENTION] - You a member on lincolnvscadillac.com and or lincolnsofdistinction.org ? Post your tbird up there, you might have some luck. GLWS

Goldmember

Reaction score
How are the rockers behind the ground effects? Those who know MN12 and FN10 cars will walk away from rot regardless of car and price. (Former Mark VIII owner)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
the rockers wernt rotted but had rust starting and I hit it with rust stop and put the bodykit on over it,it soooooooooooooo hard to find one of these cars that is clean in that spot.thankfully sc skirts and my kind of kit covers them.I don't know why ford used that as a drain spot and yet and no drianhole for the water to drain out of..
another one of ford aswomeness moves..
but please no more calls about what my car has and whats done to it,i have everything listed.if you wanna call please only call to setup a time to come look at the car.I don't wanna sit and chitchat about my car anymore.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
price is now 1700 ONLY.
someguy came 8 hours to buy my car and couldn't get it on his unfit trailer and scratched both sides of my car on the plastic panels on the doors.
so price is now 1700 because of that :(

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
Did you get any cash out of him for f'ing it up?

yes,he made up for his F up....I felt bad for the guy because it was an 8 hour round trip for him and he lost another 350 ontop of time and gas and didn't get the car..
it was good though I got that cash because I was broke but a bummer my car is uglier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brad Nimbus

Members online