Calling all Rare Colored Mustang owners!!

electricgreen

Reaction score
Until now, owners of rare colored Mustangs have had to stand on the sidelines and watch as color registries flourished-there just hasn’t been one for anyone that happened to own a horse of a different color. That has changed as of now! We have just launched the brand new RCMR-Rare Colors Mustang Registry (please be patient as new functions come online and the design changes, it’s a work in progress at the moment)! :headbang: Open to all low production number rare colors. Bring your passion for your rare steed and sign up-it’s FREE! Merchandise (such as bumper registry number decals and shirts) is coming too, so you can show off your pride in your rare steed. The free registry itself is strictly for Rare Colors of Mustangs, but anyone is welcome to join us on Facebook.

What’s a rare color? Pretty much any color that has less than 20,000 units made over its life span, such as Opal Frost, Autumn Orange, Tangerine Orange, Dark Satin Green, Iris Metallic, Deep Violet, Aztec Gold, Highland Green, etc. *the 20,000 production units figure is a loose guideline it's not a hard breaking point*) Even if your car might “qualify” for one of the other registries (IE, an Electric Green could also be registered on www.shadesofgreenmustangregistry.com ), if your particular shade itself is rare, you’re also welcome. You can register on both if you want! We’ve found that owners of the rare Mustang colors like to seek each other out, since it’s pretty uncommon to run into another Stang that’s the same color as yours when there were only a few thousand ever made. So come on over and join the herd-register your uniquely painted pony on the free Rare Colors Mustang Registry: www.rarecolorsmustangregistry.com and/or join the fun on the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rarecolorsmustangregistry/ .

And just in case anyone is wondering, we have an Electric Green (just under 15,000 were produced from 99-02), we didn’t just randomly decide to open a registry lol.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
FYI, people like member numbers and stickers to prove it [RCMR#001, etc] Good luck with this venture!

OP
OP
E

electricgreen

Reaction score
FYI, people like member numbers and stickers to prove it [RCMR#001, etc] Good luck with this venture!

Thank you!

Merchandise like decals and shirts are in the works, we're finalizing the designs now.

We're long time YMR members (sold the yellows but we joined back in 02 or 03), and just had a chance to get back to the Woodward Dream Cruise meet with them after a couple years (work stuff, hard to get time off in the summer). We decided on the way home after the "family reunion" to start up the Shades of Green Mustang Registry (so, a little over a week ago), and I was just about done with the decals and logo for that when it was brought up that the more rare colors (purple, gold, some of the oranges, etc) didn't have a Registry of their own. So we talked about it, and since Electric Green is pretty rare, we decided we'd do both so our rarer colored Mustang Family members would also have a "home". We JUST grabbed the URL and FB group last night :) but I wanted to put this out there asap so I kind of might have jumped the gun a little, since neither has bumper numbers yet. BUT they are coming soon, I promise!!

OP
OP
E

electricgreen

Reaction score
Looks like teal lost out by a 1,793 build count margin :mad:

Nah, you're fine. :headbang: It's a loose guideline and it's hard to really break it off at a given point. I'm actually surprised there were that many teals, I don't see them that often. The basic idea was to keep it at about 10% or less of the total number of cars produced that year. With the variations in total production, we just went with 20,000 as a guideline. Adding up '94 and '95 numbers, teal is still below 10% of all Mustang produced in those two years :)

I just edited my original post, I must have forgotten that notation originally, sorry!

So...come join the family, we'd love to have you!

zulema

Reaction score
i have an autumn orange! Bought it from a rich old man who had it sitting in his garage for years. only has 60k miles

chris91

Reaction score
Man I miss my electric green 99 gt. Hated the two tone tan interior though...

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Vibrant Red here, something like 1500 made and only in '94 GT's.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

07GtS197

Reaction score
Cool it looks like there were only 10k tungsten grey mustangs produced in 07! And less than 3k were gt coups! But its an s197, is this exclusive to sn95s? Thats the only stang Ive ever owned that wasnt the most produced color! Lol

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
1 of 926 here. Laser red cobra, black interior with black leather.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online