Can’t smog with turn downs

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The local smog check place can’t get their probe in the dumps (cars too low). They also said the fuel pressure regulator is “tampering”, which was not a problem last time (different place). So, I’ll have my shop weld the full length back up, get it tested, pass, then have the dumps put back till next time! PITA… but that’s CA

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I used to think that while I could never live under their rules, I might visit there one day if only just to cruise the Stang up and down the PCH and visit anyone I know there...

But damn. After all the things I've been hearing about Commiefornia over the years I don't event think I want to visit it anymore.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I used to think that while I could never live under their rules, I might visit there one day if only just to cruise the Stang up and down the PCH and visit anyone I know there...

But damn. After all the things I've been hearing about Commiefornia over the years I don't event think I want to visit it anymore.

Last year, I went to a wedding out in CA (I'm from MA). I wasn't there for 2 hours before I wanted to go home.
Landed in San Francisco and stayed in Sebastopol.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CA is a great visit. The coast north of Santa Barbara is amazing, especially thru San Louis Obispo north thru San Simeon and all the way up to Carmel/Monterey. Can’t be beat. LA is a congested jungle; San Fran still beautiful topographically but the city has turned into a dirty, unsafe place. Cost of living is stupid, crazy high and it’s also a PITA just getting around town.
But the Central Coast and Sierra Nevada Mountains to the East are pretty damn amazing! Like being in another dimension. North of SF it just becomes rural, quiet country living. Whole different world north of SF all the way up to Oregon and into Washington.
Last year, I went to a wedding out in CA (I'm from MA). I wasn't there for 2 hours before I wanted to go home.
Landed in San Francisco and stayed in Sebastopol.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
When I was a kid we all went to Santa Barbara and I remember it vividly. It's quite nice up there. So is San Diego, been there twice on job interviews many years back. Also quite nice.

I just can't deal with far-left government bureaucracies and all that comes along with it. I can find excellent scenery elsewhere, and have.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Back on point… will try Monday with the shop that cut my full length exhaust out to snake it back in and get her welded up for the smog test. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck as I’m hoping we don’t have to drop some of the MM bracketry to get it back together.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I just can't deal with far-left government bureaucracies and all that comes along with it. I can find excellent scenery elsewhere, and have.

SF was an absolute dump IMO. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was under lock and key in every store, bums on every corner, all kinds of trannies (never seen so many in my life), smog, rude people etc etc.
The politics is just icing on the cake.
No thank you.

But yeah, great weather though

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had an uncle that lived in San Louis obisbo, Ca. He moved there in the 80 fresh off the farm and had the time of his life and did pretty well for himself. However after nearly 40 years he moved to ky a few years back as he was tired of everything out there. He HATED San Fran with a passion to the point that if any family went out to see him he would not meet them in san fran which of course made some of the large family mad but I can't blame the guy. San fran has changed a lot the past 20 yrs or so.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
My guess is you missed the grand cleanup before President Xi's impending arrival.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A bit of success yesterday. Muffler shop was unable to snake the rear portion of the exhaust that goes over the axle. So, after some hit & miss attempts, I got er dun! Jacked up one side at a time as high as my POS 2-ton jack would go and had to remove the wheel. Drivers side POC; passenger side PITA but eventually found the sweet spot above all that MM bracketry and in she slid! Sometimes little victories like that feel pretty darn good! Put the tips on the hangars and Gorilla taped the tubing together enough to get it to the muffler shop Monday

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBR51Stang

Members online