Car Making Funny Sound

MR. HIGH CLASS

Reaction score
I have a 95 GT with 73,000 miles, and sometimes when im driving it makes a grinding sound. Sometimes when im giving it gas and sometimes when im off the gas just rolling it does it also. Just did a brake job s i know its not that. Could it a wheel bearing or maybe drive shaft causing this? Just seeing if anyone could help me out.

thanks

Reaction score
Can you tell if the sound is coming from the engine or the rear-end or anywhere else? It may be a wheel bearing

OP
OP
M

MR. HIGH CLASS

Reaction score
Its hard to say where its coming from. You can feel it in the seat when your driving. But its hard to say if its in the front or the rear. Im pretty sure its not from the motor. Could it be the drive shaft?

ryclef331

Reaction score
your description is VAGUE at best. Its hard to troubleshoot something when you're deaf and blindfolded....Try to be more accurate with your description and maybe we can help. Does it Vibrate when the noise comes on? Is it better or wose when accelerating? decelerating? cruising? Is it more towards the front or rear? Does it do it when you Turn?

"I have a grinding noise coming from under the car." says nothing. I would say to that. "Did you hit a road cone?"

OP
OP
M

MR. HIGH CLASS

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
your description is VAGUE at best. Its hard to troubleshoot something when you're deaf and blindfolded....Try to be more accurate with your description and maybe we can help. Does it Vibrate when the noise comes on? Is it better or wose when accelerating? decelerating? cruising? Is it more towards the front or rear? Does it do it when you Turn?

"I have a grinding noise coming from under the car." says nothing. I would say to that. "Did you hit a road cone?"

I said it does it sometimes when your on the gas, and sometimes when your off the gas(braking). when you get up to speed it doesnt do it around 50 MPH and up. Its hard to tell where its coming from, but your can feel it in the seat when your driving, it might be towards the front of the car. Doesnt do it when your turning.

Could it be a wheel bearing or a drive shaft problem?

ryclef331

Reaction score
How old are and what kind of rear control arms do you have on the car?

916_5.0

Reaction score
You might want to check to see if you driveshaft is rubbing on your e brake. Not really sure from your description if thats the sound but ya might just wanna cehck it.

CP94GT

Reaction score
Have you lowered the car? Sounds an awful lot like the drive shaft rub :rockyou: to me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online