Car Making Funny Sound

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by MR. HIGH CLASS, May 9, 2007.

1. MR. HIGH CLASS

MR. HIGH CLASS New Member

I have a 95 GT with 73,000 miles, and sometimes when im driving it makes a grinding sound. Sometimes when im giving it gas and sometimes when im off the gas just rolling it does it also. Just did a brake job s i know its not that. Could it a wheel bearing or maybe drive shaft causing this? Just seeing if anyone could help me out.

thanks

2. MuscleMustang95

MuscleMustang95 Member

Can you tell if the sound is coming from the engine or the rear-end or anywhere else? It may be a wheel bearing

3. MR. HIGH CLASS

Its hard to say where its coming from. You can feel it in the seat when your driving. But its hard to say if its in the front or the rear. Im pretty sure its not from the motor. Could it be the drive shaft?

4. MR. HIGH CLASS

can anybody help me with this

5. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

your description is VAGUE at best. Its hard to troubleshoot something when you're deaf and blindfolded....Try to be more accurate with your description and maybe we can help. Does it Vibrate when the noise comes on? Is it better or wose when accelerating? decelerating? cruising? Is it more towards the front or rear? Does it do it when you Turn?

"I have a grinding noise coming from under the car." says nothing. I would say to that. "Did you hit a road cone?"

6. MR. HIGH CLASS

I said it does it sometimes when your on the gas, and sometimes when your off the gas(braking). when you get up to speed it doesnt do it around 50 MPH and up. Its hard to tell where its coming from, but your can feel it in the seat when your driving, it might be towards the front of the car. Doesnt do it when your turning.

Could it be a wheel bearing or a drive shaft problem?

7. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

How old are and what kind of rear control arms do you have on the car?

8. 916_5.0

916_5.0 Active Member

You might want to check to see if you driveshaft is rubbing on your e brake. Not really sure from your description if thats the sound but ya might just wanna cehck it.

9. CP94GT

CP94GT New Member

Have you lowered the car? Sounds an awful lot like the drive shaft rub :rockyou: to me!