Car Troubles...

TheBab

Active Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
638
Reaction score
0
So the car has been stuttering in the higher RPMs.. and I didn't know why... I thought maybe it was the crappy 90 octane we have here.. but I have been putting Torco in.. so I am running about 95 octane and it still stutters. :(

So I was going through and looking for easy things.. like plugs. I pulled all the plugs and gapped them at 32..... I got to the last one on the passenger side #4 I think... and it was submerged in oil...I did a little bit of this.p.. :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes: :-[


So I took the valve cover off and noticed ....

gasketvc.jpg


The gasket or seal or whatever this is called was ripped and was allowing oil to dump onto the spark plug.....

I got all the oil out of the spark plug hole... and awaiting to order a new seal....

I'm hoping that was the reason for the stuttering...

You see a little bit of coolant.. but thats because I took the line off the firewall and some coolant dripped in....

vcoffpic.jpg

vcoffpic2.jpg


BTW: All my plugs looked like the ones below..

14.html


According to the website it says that they are good if they look like the above. O0

I'll keep you guys updated on the stuttering problems and the seal
 

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
14,939
Reaction score
40
Location
Pa.
You should have kept that to yourself, now we have to pull your mustang of the month award. :slap:

Good luck with the fix. That is an easy one hopefully.
 

Red96GT

Legend
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
5,374
Reaction score
1
My guess would be that seal as your problem. Good luck! :)
 
OP
OP
T

TheBab

Active Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
638
Reaction score
0
uncltrvlnmatt said:
You should have kept that to yourself, now we have to pull your mustang of the month award. :slap:

Good luck with the fix. That is an easy one hopefully.


Oh noes! :rollinglaugh:
 

Red96GT

Legend
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
5,374
Reaction score
1
TheBab said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
You should have kept that to yourself, now we have to pull your mustang of the month award. :slap:

Good luck with the fix. That is an easy one hopefully.


Oh noes! :rollinglaugh:

So when will winter be over for you in Alaska?
 
OP
OP
T

TheBab

Active Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
638
Reaction score
0
Red96GT said:
TheBab said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
You should have kept that to yourself, now we have to pull your mustang of the month award. :slap:

Good luck with the fix. That is an easy one hopefully.


Oh noes! :rollinglaugh:

So when will winter be over for you in Alaska?

It was 40 yesterday and today.. feels like a damn heat wave.. the white shit is starting to melt. Should be good to go soon ;)
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
77,669
Messages
1,506,990
Members
15,098
Latest member
jblackmb

Members online

Top