Centrifugal vs Roots

cody0170

Reaction score
Centrifugal vs roots. which is better on a 96 2v and what are the number differences and price.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Personally I like the Roots best due to the instant throttle response, no waiting for boost to build up...for my street driving it is more fun and I will never be on the 1/4 mile track where the Centrifugal might have the top end advantage. Kinda depends on what you want to do with it...Kenne Bell Twin Screw for the win!

Greggerex

Reaction score
For tooling around the city I love having the roots blower.

Instant boost = instant smile. ;)

SMOKE

Reaction score
I really does depend on how you will use the car .. what are your expectations?
Obviously, either will give you a grin. I always suggest getting a ride in both to decide.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
once you try out a KB, all centrifugals (and other roots for that matter) will feel to you what they really are - little kid Lego's.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Greggerex said:
Snakebit said:
you damn skippy 8)

Skippy? ???

you have never heard that saying?? It was very popular ..........uhhhh well I guess that was about 10 years ago ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It means, your right / thats the truth / preach on........you know its a agreement term

Greggerex

Reaction score
Haha - very good.

I don't think I'm as young as most people on this site - but I guess that one slipped by me. ;)

ripper

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
Haha - very good.

I don't think I'm as young as most people on this site - but I guess that one slipped by me. ;)

Yea Greg you older guys need to catch up on the lingo man. :)

95PGTTech

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
Haha - very good.

Skippy would be an older term, not a newer one.

- Julia

Mustanger

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Greggerex said:
Haha - very good.

Yea Greg you older guys need to catch up on the lingo man. :)

LOL...what for when we do you youngsters just change it again! This one made me think of peanut butter, which reminds me I am a bit hungry so time for a snack... Later Dudes! (see I'm still hep!)

Greggerex

Reaction score
Mustanger said:
LOL...what for when we do you youngsters just change it again! This one made me think of peanut butter, which reminds me I am a bit hungry so time for a snack... Later Dudes! (see I'm still hep!)

;D Peanut butter was the first thing I thought of too!

FHATTCATT

Reaction score
I have had several cars with centrifugal blowers- have a '97 Cobra with an '03 kind of build now and there is nothing like it. The car has 512ft/lbs torque at only 2900 rpms and it feels like someone is slamming you in the back with a sledgehammer coming out of the hole-

This is the most fun car I have had in a really long time-

IMG_2002.jpg

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
FHATTCATT said:
I have had several cars with centrifugal blowers- have a '97 Cobra with an '03 kind of build now and there is nothing like it. The car has 512ft/lbs torque at only 2900 rpms and it feels like someone is slamming you in the back with a sledgehammer coming out of the hole-

Meh, you don't need no stinking blower to do that, you just need real displacement and good crank stroke.

My old 418 made 442 ft. lbs. at 2800 rpms at zero psi. :)

Long live pushrods. :ass3:

FHATTCATT

Reaction score
Paul said:
FHATTCATT said:

Meh, you don't need no stinking blower to do that, you just need real displacement and good crank stroke.

I think that making 70 more ft/lbs of torque (about 15% more than 442) from 284 cubic inches as opposed to 418... kind of speaks for the fun you can have with a roots blower. With that said- strokers and big blocks are awesome to begin with and certainly kick that much more tail when some atmosphere are pushed through them-

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
FHATTCATT said:

418 cubes and it STILL fell short of a motor with 134 LESS cubes ........hmmmm wonder why Ford went to modular blown power. Pushrods are great motors and the bigger the better, but the modulars have their place on the performance front too. Some people are old school and others like the newer technology of performance. Cant we all just " get along" :angel:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It must suck to need boost to make power. :ass3: :eek:utofcloset:

My motor at equivalent boost levels would annhilate the anemic 03 Cobra with its tiny bores, small displacement, and wimpy stroke.

Carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online