Change injectors before engine upgrade, is that a no no?

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Basically I was wondering of changing to 42 lb injectors would with a new bigger Mass air flow meter, tuned, would hurt to be on my car now? Would it flood it? or would the current program keep it from flooding my car rich? I'm doing the big pnp pi head swap next year, and solid block, and probably gonna play with a big shot of nitrious. So I know I need around 42 lbs because i'm expecting 550 hp +. So changing MAF and 42 lb injectors, tuned now with my current mods is that a "Big Mistake?"

97vertstang

Reaction score
if u tune ur car for 42s now, ull have to tune for it to work on the other set up later, again so thats twice the work.also correct me if im wrong but i think 42s are way too big.with a wet nitrous set up ur injecting fuel as well into the intake so injectors dont matter.unless ur going FI, 42 are way too big.i thing something along the lines of 30's are more appropriate.just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
I just figure when I'm ready, PnP PI heads and comp cam, with a new built block, with bolt on's will hang some where over 400 fwhp. I figure he the blocks updated, so why not figure in a 150 or 200 shot. 30 lbs can handle 550 to 600 hp? And the injector change shouldnt hurt, just the expense of changing tunes down the road? If thats the case, I can live with that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.