Change the Set up?

TheBab

Reaction score
Should I save up and wait for a wrecked 03 Cobra to swap parts into the Bab?

I could sell off my built motor/tranny and vortech set up for a decent amount...
Save up some and find a wrecked Cobra for around 9-10k...

Swap in the interior.... swap the motor/tranny.

I haven't looked into the swaps but I can't see it being tooooo hard having a complete car and wiring.

(maybe I should look into them now)

Just a pullied stock blower Cobra will make near the same horsepower I do right now...

I could always pulley down and run more boost on my Vortech.. but It'd be nice to have a whippled termi motor making 600 hp really reliably...

Dumb idea? :dunno: :dunno:

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:
Id say save up and go with a HP performance Twin turbo kit.

Eh I've thought about that...

My motor is rebuilt just recently.... so its basically a low mileaged motor BUT its still got 90k on it.

I don't know... I'm just thinking bout what I want to do while the cars in the shop for the tranny work.

ripper

Reaction score
WTF Bab you just got your car running like it should and yu wanna dump it. LMAO. Go have some fun with it will ya.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
WTF Bab you just got your car running like it should and yu wanna dump it. LMAO. Go have some fun with it will ya.

This dude is going to be the 2nd me (expect doing something that matters) unlike me changing my exhaust everyday :rollinglaugh:

ripper

Reaction score
LMFAO :rollinglaugh: Yea but you likey that prochamber dont ya :boink:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
why not sell the vortech, then save some dough and get a KB since you already have a built motor...oh and that 9-10 grand is just the motor and maybe the tranny too, not the entire car. or if you found one for that price, you are damned lucky.

oh and i want your intercooler if you switch setups. :)

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
why not sell the vortech, then save some dough and get a KB since you already have a built motor...oh and that 9-10 grand is just the motor and maybe the tranny too, not the entire car. or if you found one for that price, you are damned lucky.

Wrecked Cobras can be had for round 11k ... (totaled ones that were rear ended or something)

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:

If I recall right.. the KB makes less power than Vortech...

It just amazes me that a pretty much stock 03 Corba (pulley/tune) can make the power I make... and still have A/C , and run VERY VERY reliable.

My car is like race car status... loud as hell.... built motor.. vortech etc.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
LMFAO :rollinglaugh: Yea but you likey that prochamber dont ya :boink:

yes, it has the best tone, but ill save that for another thread. Flows have to go in order for me to ever run my prochamber again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online