Chinese Fuel injectors???

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I replaced the cracked intake manifold I could see the stock 19# injector spray patterns in the intake ports from the carbon deposits. The injectors are 19 years old now on the NPI engine. I could see good cylinders and some patterns that did not match. Reading this forum I learned that the stock Bosch type rarely fail and just need to be cleaned. The price for new real Bosch injectors is eye popping. I start searching and everything is made in China, copies of the pintle type Bosch. I check Ebay and the first one up is a set of new Lucas disk type injectors for 179.00 for a set of 8. Lots of reading on the web about the Bosch pintle VS the Lucas disk later..... The Bosch lasts longer but degrades over time,the Lucas is faster to respond because the disk has lower mass to move compared to the Bosch pintle. So I buy a set the the Chinese Lucas, 19#, shipped from China on Monday and got to Maryland this morning by US Mail. The fit and finish is good and came with new top and bottom "O" rings. Started the car and it is idling much quieter, driving was nice and smooth so no complaints.

Now, can anyone tell me where to send my Bosch injectors for rehab?

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just popped in "19# injectors,new,ford" on Ebay and the first company that popped up was the one. They had many offerings for sale. Name of seller is ultimatecomponents.
So yesterday I went on a 250 mile ride through the Appalachian mountains and back through Cunningham Falls State Park to home chasing my brother in law in his 392 hemi, I set my caster and camber plates to some of the spec's found here in the road racing section and what a difference, carving up mountain roads. "BIL" was impressed and he also has a Mustang edge but gave the car to his girlfriend ????? when he got the hemi, now he is having second thoughts.
Last night I did more looking at different fuel injectors and got to the Ford Racing web site and low and behold the sell lots of Lucas type of injectors, they were for the big boys that need 60 and 80 pound injectors! So Ford must be happy with both Bosch and Lucas type and I feel better that I am not out in left field.
Our stock NPI engines only need 16.8 pound injectors so the 19 pound worked great at 100 MPH yesterday, I would say at 179.00 a set just swap them out every 50k miles and new ones whenever you change spark plugs.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Read the first post, Bosch type are shaped like a barrel and for 19# are yellow, they came stock in the NPI engine. Lucas type are skinny and come in black and I have seen blue ones in different sizes. Apples to oranges, 2 completely different types of design, looks like Ford uses both types depending on what size you buy. Bosch are 180.00 each for new ones and Lucas are 180.00 per set of 8. There are many different brand names out for sale but if they are "fat" they are pintle type if they are "skinny" they are "disk" type and China seems to be the main manufacturer. I would like to see the 180.00 Bosch stamped with "made in Germany" but those days are gone, The patents have run out for both Bosch and Lucas so now knock offs of both designs are out there, look at Accel, selling a Bosch knock off if you want a Bosch type knock off for a lower price.
My main point is that a top set of spark plugs cost 100.00 for our car and some people think that is worth it, 180.00 for a set of new injectors is not bad. I have worked in China for years they will make whatever you want for the price you say, you want cheap crap they will do it, you want top of the line MIL-SPEC, ISO certified, CE marked for EU sales and they will do it but the price is only going to be 5% cheaper than in the USA which is why many manufacturers are coming back to the USA. The Ebay seller has a 99% rating, a good guarantee, a good replacement policy, and sells lots of other parts for our cars so I took a chance and I am happy so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online