Injector sizing help?

• Thread starter Deleted per request
  • Start date
D

Deleted per request

So I'm at the point of installing/rebuilding some injectors for my 5.0 with the following mods:
GT40P heads and intake, mild cam upgrade (.500 lift), equal length shorty headers, 70MM throttle body, matching MAF for 70mm. I have the stock EV-1 19#/hr injectors and the injectors from the Explorer that the intake and heads came from EV-6 24#/hr. I'm wondering which ones I should use/rebuild for this build?
Thanks in advancethumbnail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
19’s should cover your power level but the 24’s would make sure of it and won’t hurt anything.

You are getting it tuned afterward right?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on the 24’s. I have Accel 24’s in my 347 stroker and they work well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Okay great news on the EV-6 24#'s. Has anyone used or tried these adaptors from EV-1 to EV-6 injectors?
619ZwFqNKXL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have not, but maybe try a Search of threads in this Forum?? Hopefully will yield helpful results for you!

Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S.- beware!….. my Kings are nipping at your Oilers’ heels!
LOL

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you didn't answer blak's question, are you going to get it tuned for the larger injectors or swap the maf as well? The tune is the better option, but not the cheapest.

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

After reading a bit more on the injectors I might try the 19# ones first to see how it runs if I can get it to run. Yes if that's what it takes to get it running and idling properly it will get a tune. I'm new to all these electronic tunes, I'm usually a classic car guy with carberatation.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you are not going to notice a huge difference between the two for the hundreds it will cost for a tune afterwards.

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Thanks for all the advice, I will get the old girl running on the 19# for now and see what it will need to run right. Still not sure of what I bought so getting it running is the first step with the mods the PO had purchased for it. Interesting process when you don't take something apart trying to get it back together and not knowing any history. Still great fun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.