CHRISTINE MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sho89mtx

Reaction score
so apparently the moron who owned my car before me instaleld a remote start system on my 5 speed car(A big no-no), so immediately when he told me that I told him to shut it off and he flipped the switch and said it was off. So yesterday I locked my car with the remote and it didn't chirp for the alarm, so hit it again, my car started and literally took off and smashed into my garage door! Now having to get a new garage door and my front end it all chipped up, nothing major with the car though. So my neighbor came over and we tried to disable the flip switch for my remote start and he cut the power to it and tried again and it still worked, so we found out that the switch didnt' even work and the remote start was never turned off and on the entire time. Argh!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Id be doin me some head bustin! Insurance normally doesnt cover owner inflicked damage....how is that working out for you? Goodluck and glad youre ok.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that sucks. People don't believe me when I tell them that the starter has plenty of power to crank through the parking brake unless its SUPER tight. But be a little happy the last time I read about this was when that dudes car drove itself into the lake when he took it to his dealership. I actually told that guy not to do what he was doing. There is a couple of ways to do it safely on a stick but its hard if the system isn't designed to go on a stick. You will probably need to drop the lower dash or pull the drivers kick panel out to find the alarm/rs and disable or remove it. It will probably not be hard to find just follow the extra wire.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Had a guy I knew that worked at best buy have his remote start on his crx kick on for no reason one day. He had left his car in 1st gear.

Long story short the car accelerated across the lot and smash into a Mercedes.

The vp just happened to be in town that day, it was his Mercedes. Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dang that sucks, I feel like I would just leave it in neutral all the time and not sweat it, but I know mistakes happen.

Sorry to hear

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
so apparently the moron who owned my car before me instaleld a remote start system on my 5 speed car(A big no-no), so immediately when he told me that I told him to shut it off and he flipped the switch and said it was off. So yesterday I locked my car with the remote and it didn't chirp for the alarm, so hit it again, my car started and literally took off and smashed into my garage door! Now having to get a new garage door and my front end it all chipped up, nothing major with the car though. So my neighbor came over and we tried to disable the flip switch for my remote start and he cut the power to it and tried again and it still worked, so we found out that the switch didnt' even work and the remote start was never turned off and on the entire time. Argh!

I always leave my manual cars in gear to prevent rolling. Never even pictured having a remote start on a manual before, but it makes perfect sense that it would happen, it is in gear after all. Glad no one was hurt, hope everything goes well from here.

Had a guy I knew that worked at best buy have his remote start on his crx kick on for no reason one day. He had left his car in 1st gear.

Long story short the car accelerated across the lot and smash into a Mercedes.

The vp just happened to be in town that day, it was his Mercedes. Lol

:shocked: Talk about bad luck [MENTION=12926]evilcw311[/MENTION]

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If anything it should have idled across a parking lot, lmao.

When most cars cold start they idle up around 2-2500 rpm. Causes the car to accelerate if it starts in gear.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they make systems that are safe to go on sticks but they require you exit the car in a sequence so it knows it in neutral. All that means is while your holding the foot break, you put on the parking brake and the system knows you are parking. At that point you leave the car in neutral and when you turn the key off to take it out the car remains running. As soon as you shut your door the car will lock the doors, turn off the ignition and then arm the alarm so it knows it is in neutral. As long as while you are gone the doors are not opened the system knows the car is in neutral and will allow you to start it.

lutter94

Reaction score
Right, I've seen those too. You'd think a park brake switch would be enough to keep the car from taking off, it would die or whatever. A neutral switch would be easiest.

OP
OP
S

sho89mtx

Reaction score
that was an hilarious story! Mine sucked. The only good thing is my car is just a little scratched up, nothign broke, just paint chips off the hood and front bumper. now the garage door was unfixable and cost me $840 to put another one, so that's the main thing that sucked!

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
My Viper 5904 works great on my 5 speed here in California it gets stupid hot so i love starting my car and letting it cool down but you have to before turning the car off tell the alarm the cars in neutral and then the car will stay running after you shut the door and then when you lock the vehicle the car will shut off and then the remote tells you your cars in neutral and can be started safely and but an alarm is only as good as its installer. What brand alarm is it?
I would keep the remote start just make sure and have someone install the system right so the car can never start like that again ever. Or just remove it but either way that sucks im sorry to hear that happen i would put the alarm in valet mode asap.

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
a friend of mine that I rode in a work truck with asked me to start his way nice Subaru for him while I am walking into the shop...long story short, he left it in first gear and I remote started it for him and went inside the shop to get ready to go home. By the time he showed up, the front end of his car was totally smashed in from repeatedly smashing into a jersey barrier. I came outside and all the shop employees were standing there just looking at the damage....then he proceeded to ask me how I was going to pay for the damage. Seriously. Didn't pay him anything, and he ended up fixing it thru his insurance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online