clutch choices????

OP
OP

4camgt

Reaction score
I run a ACT 6 PUCK unsprung 10.5. stock 10 spline, its either in or out but I daily the car and im used to it now. Just a slight change in driving style to get used to it. And you don't dailly yours anywho. There like $393 new and you never have to worry about clutch slippage :) Either ACT, Mcleod or Centerforce or GTFO. P.S if you buy a spec clutch or any other garbage im not installing the clutch sir :)

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

lmao, i thought you had a spec:rolleyes:
crazy person......nobody asked you to install lmao! i just need access to the lift

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
They suck, have a hard/heavy pedal. Had a spec stg 2 in my 5.4 car and it was the biggest pos I have ever owned and there supplied tob lasted about 2 weeks before it split in 2 and I had to drop trans yet again to install a new TOB.

I don't agree that they suck as mine has been great to me but just because i'm curious what clutch would you recommend that's not an on/off switch? You listed a few above, do you have favorite? I mean aside from a slightly heavy pedal there are zero downsides to my spec clutch, it's very smooth to drive with, it has never chattered once, it'll grab when you want it to, it's great.

OP
OP

4camgt

Reaction score
craziness!!! every other part on a mustang has a tried and true method fo power, but when it comes to clutches its a crap shoot?!! and no clear cut winner, leaning toward.......act, mcleod, and centerforce....promotion?? i did hear a fidanza 4.3 needs no break in period????

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ill get the part number from my act. There SFI spec too which is nice

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Make a decision yet? Slow poke...

chris91

Reaction score
Im a die hard Centerforce fan. Had the Dual Friction in about 10 of my cars now. Currently have one in my 99 and love it. Grabs great and no hard pedal so no worrying about having to hit the gym just to get your right leg to match the left. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online