Clutch installed, few questions though!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
how much play is there in the pedal trey. How far do you go down before you feel the clutch start to disengage and engag? this will help to decide if the clutch isnt adjusted right. I suggest you get a fiore micro click adj and quadrant and a stock replacement cable. Probably cost a little over 100. It is a nice set up

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
when i press the clutch in, it makes a "CLICK" noise right when it gets easier.. so what would this hint towards? also, how would I go about checking the fork to make sure its seated? i don't want to drop this stupid tranny back down again. would it be worth my while to get an adjustable clutch cable and quadrant too?

thanks for your help so far matt, its been very useful.

If it is making a click sound, my thinking is it might be the fork, throw out bearing, or presure plate.

Jack up the car and get somebody to step on the cable while you listen to where it is coming from. If it is the fork, hopefully you could just disconnect the clutch cable and try to seat it in place. The problem is it only will go on one way.

After you have the clutch cable diconnected move the clutch pedal by hand and make sure it is not binding, but I don't think that will be the problem.

You also want to make sure it is not the presure plate binding then braking free.

I know this won't be easy, but if you have a mirror try to look through the opening in the bellhouseing where the fork goes through to see if the throw out bearing is seated properly on the fork. Again it will only go on one way

Make sure you check as many moving parts in the clutch system as possable, I hate to see you take it back out if you don't have to.

In the 20 years I have been a mechanic, I have seen new clutches come through not working properly a couple times. But those were usually remanufactured clutches, all on big trucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113