all i know is my Mystic will be an 11 second street car for under 15K. :pimp2:

:blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: we will see :hammer:

OP
OP
I

IMPORTKILLER

Reaction score
McLuvin said:
I read that article in the mag...nice combos, but all were done on an 03 termy engine with the blower removed if I remember correctly.

For the record all those mods were done on a high mile stock 96 motor. Reads sept 07 Muscle mustangs page 156.

S

scarface

IMPORTKILLER said:
McLuvin said:
I read that article in the mag...nice combos, but all were done on an 03 termy engine with the blower removed if I remember correctly.

For the record all those mods were done on a high mile stock 96 motor. Reads sept 07 Muscle mustangs page 156.
ok, 5.0 did a similar test in the lastest mag on an 03 termy engine.

elcapitan1987

Reaction score
I have to agree with the fact that it would take a pretty costly n/a 4valve to run with a modified 03, there is a guy over at SVTP that did it with a n/a cobra. If im not mistaken he had the fr500 package on his 99 or 01 and it ran with the terminators ( out ran a few ) but he had THOUSANDS in that setup
[/quote]

Yup the guys name on SVTP, is Nazman. His 99 Cobra was bada$$ and still is. He out ran an 06 Lambo, then blew his transmission when he lived in Germany.
Right now he sold his N/A setup and is going Turbo.

elcapitan1987

Reaction score
Yup i'm hoping to save money up to send him my upper + lower intake from a 99/01 cobra. But I still need a few pieces to complete it.

skmcobra

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? That article was about putting a KB blower on it. Not n/a at all. :dunno:

SuperG

Reaction score
Yep, $20k will build-up a really nice SN95...I have spent almost that. My engine build was $7,200 alone. I still have suspension left, so there's a couple grand...Then I think I will be happy. Oh, then of course next year is more boost and an intercooler! And I need new paint. And new carpet. And maybe a new top...rats...does this ever end?

And there is nothing wrong with folks saying the 03/04's are a good car...they are! And they should be since Ford had several years to get it right! I mean they really kicked butt when they made the Terminators!

Also, if you want to see some N/A SN95 Cobra engines at 400+ HP...see Sean Hyland's books or check out his website!

ripper

Reaction score
Termy> dyno queen

IRS and weight are its downfalls but I still woudn't mind havin one ^-^

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you really want bang for the buck, dig up an early LT1 car.

*zips up flame suit*

White 96GT

Reaction score
Those camaros are more bang for the butt, than bang for the buck. Kids in my school have those and my GT smokes'um!

rgs

Reaction score
Scarface said:
Paul said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard 03/04 halfshafts are stronger than the older models.

But yes, I'd yank that thing and put a stick axle back there.
the 03/04 IRS is stronger than the 99/01. 31 splines in the termy... it still sucks for hop though. IRS sucks in general to me, but then again, I have a solid axle cobra.

01 cobras have 31 spline.

good thread, i love reading about both of these cars.

S

scarface

rgs said:
Scarface said:
Paul said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard 03/04 halfshafts are stronger than the older models.

the 03/04 IRS is stronger than the 99/01. 31 splines in the termy... it still sucks for hop though. IRS sucks in general to me, but then again, I have a solid axle cobra.

your right, I knew that.

rgs

Reaction score
Scarface said:
rgs said:
Scarface said:
Paul said:

your right, I knew that.

of course ya did :p

S

scarface

rgs said:
Scarface said:
rgs said:
Scarface said:
Paul said:

your right, I knew that.

of course ya did :p
lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online