Cobra front bumper and fogs

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Whats up gentleman? Over the winter I am contemplating changing my front bumper for a cobra with smoked fog lights. I have done tons of research on them and most of the threads of what I am reading are from 2007-2010.

Obviously, I would love to go buy an OEM one but we know that really isn't the case anymore. In doing some research, it seems like BOI, Americanmuscle, and Latemodel all sell the cobra front. I have read mixed reviews on these but like I stated that was 5+ years ago. Has anybody recently swapped their GT front end to a cobra front and which did you go with? I don't mind spending the money for a quality fitting bumper at all.

In regards to the fog lights, I have read that it is literally just the light and bracket that you need and you can use existing harness. It seems like the only smoked cobra fogs I am finding are from BOI, they are on backorder, and again I have read some really bad reviews but they were 5+ years ago. Also looking for input on those of you who have more recently bought smoked cobra fogs, where did you get them from and how is the quality? Again, I don't mind spending the money. I found smoked cobra fogs on mustangs unlimited however no brackets are included but these state they have a glass lens instead of plastic...anybody have experience with those?

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/it...=Fog+Lights&SubSubCategory=99-04&CatKey=74-01

Thanks for the input, just looking for some more current experiences people have had with using the cobra front.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I know about of people don't like abc exclusive. But I got there cobra with lip. A lil work to fit but it wasn't bad.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I've read mixed reviews on ABC. I'm looking for the stock cobra front, no lip though. What did you do for fogs?

bailey_57

Reaction score
02-07 Envoy fogs FTW! Don't know if you can get them in smoke or if you could tint them yourself, but they fill the hole a thousand times better.

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
02-07 Envoy fogs FTW! Don't know if you can get them in smoke or if you could tint them yourself, but they fill the hole a thousand times better.

Any particular brand for the Envoy fogs? I've got a Cobra bumper I want to install on my GT and was just about to buy the fogs!

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Mike, I don't remember seeing the brackets sold separately. I know LMR has the brackets and factory fogs for $100. LMR # LRS-15200E-KIT. You might just have to buy those and then the smoked lenses separately.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thats what I'm starting to think steve. does LMR also sell the smoked lenses?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
What do you plan on doing with the bumper and fog lights that are on your car in your sig pic?

**Edit** Don't mind me I'm stupid, lol. I got your name crossed up with Steve-Oh when I read it and thought he was getting rid of his sweet cobra front end. :tard:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I was considering this last year a few guys I talked to bought ebay reproduction bumpers and didn't have anything bad to say. Might need a little prep but so will most 15+ year old oem units. I will probably find the cheapest on ebay and go with that.

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
thats what I'm starting to think steve. does LMR also sell the smoked lenses?

I bought my fogs of amazon then got some tint of eBay that was cut to size. The tint held up for the whole time I owned the car. Tint was $9 and the fogs where $49.99 each

2012-12-14_16-37-28_617_zps8480f1fb.jpg

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Stevo, don't know what happened with production of these smoked fogs/lenses but they are extremely hard to find it seems. It appears the only option to go is what sn95 bullit posted.

Bob -- I have read pretty decent things about the ebay ones as well, I would imagine they are the same maker as AM, BOI, LMR, etc.

thanks for the feedback guys. keep it coming, if anybody has recently bought any cobra front/fogs with info! thanks

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, no luck. I even called MPS who is a strictly salvage yard out of George I think it is for mustangs. They only had AM covers and no fogs or brackets. This is a tough one

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
In regards to the fogs, I guess I could always just buy the clear ones with brackets and buy some VHT Nightshades and give it a coat of that. Thoughts?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In regards to the fogs, I guess I could always just buy the clear ones with brackets and buy some VHT Nightshades and give it a coat of that. Thoughts?

Thats my plan unless some OEM fall into my lap before I am ready to do the body next year.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
So I've been doing a lot of research and trying to find decent condition used front cobra fronts and its definitely a hard task. I emailed American Muscle to see who their manufacturer of their front cover is but they cannot release that information for some reason. I emailed Latemodel and they said KS Reproduction is their manufacturer for their cover. I do a search on KSR and find out that they are actually located in South Plainfield, NJ...about an hour from me. I get in contact with them and believe it or not they have them in stock for $100 cheaper than LMR, due to no mark ups and said that pickup is perfectly fine. Has anybody ever heard of KSR or have any first hand experience with them? $225 out the door for the cobra front bumper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online